Thursday 21 July 2016

Meatless

Presenting: Vegetarian roasted "pork" haha

Sorry for missing this day but... I've now been a vegetarian for 203 days! Mwahaha. I feel good, because I've won the bet my family puts for me heh. My dad gave me 6 months to "give up" and nope I didn't. Well it's been a great experience so far. I still regretted not starting earlier. 

To be honest it doesn't feel as "difficult" as I thought that it would be. I'm not sure why I had so much doubts and worries about turning into a vegetarian last year. Now that I've gone meatless for half a year, whatever I worried about didn't happen! I don't crave meat at all, I don't look for meat, and I'm feeling awesome. I still haven't lost weight though haha. But well that isn't my goal!

The only non-vegetarian thing I miss is bakso AKA Indonesian meatballs heh. And my mum ginseng chicken soup. But she now makes a wonderful gingery tofu soup which is equally awesome so no complains! Besides I've been enjoying the vegetarian dishes that she cooks for me.

So just to give an update.. Do I have any health improvements etc? I'm not sure really. I feel pretty normal. I feel quite good about myself though. And I think my mood is kinda getting better? Not sure why heh. Still enjoying my time in the toilet too, egesting undigested fibers. 

I'm even thinking of creating a blog or another instagram account showcasing what I ate on a daily basis hah. Inspired by the many vegan YouTubers "What I eat in a day" videos! I'm not a vegan yet but I hope it's a step closer to become one. And talking about vegan... I'm starting to give up dairy slowly. I still can't give up eggs urgh. But I'm kinda feeling the dairy effect. Here goes why.

So about a month ago, I went a bit overshot with  dairy. I drank milk tea everyday for a week haha. That's pretty bad right. I didn't really bother much about it but suddenly at the end of the week, I had four pimples on my chin. And on Sunday of that week, my pimples got so bad that my bottom lip was actually swollen! It's kinda scary because I never experienced this before.

I've been reading articles about dairy consumption and acne problems. So I tried going vegan for 4 days. Magically, that four pimples just disappear on their own and so do my other pimples! So yes... That's why I'm starting to give up dairy. I've been avoiding cheese too. Well because I don't really like cheese. And no Indonesian food tastes good with cheese haha. But sometimes I just can't help it!

It's quite difficult for me to give up dairy and eggs because I love cakes and desserts too much haha. But I know that one day I will stop eating them forever. I can definitely live without meat in my food for sure. And I'm gonna keep on going baby. One of my bucket list is to die as a vegan so yeah.

Alright that's all for now. Got a couple of blog posts to blog about. Coming soon! :)

No comments: