Wednesday 13 July 2016

Switched Off

Not sure what happened to "I'm going to blog more often during the holiday" but oh boy, today is the last day of the Hari Raya break! Well I must have enjoyed the break so much that I ended up not blogging haha. Nevertheless, yes I had such a great break! It feels pretty good to do nothing, to do what I want to do, and to simply relax and just unwind, not being bothered by work.

I'm not trying to be anti-social but probably, the best thing in the holiday is... Not meeting people. Well on a day-to-day basis, there are a lot of people to meet and things like that. During the holiday, I didn't! And also no one contacted me on BBM and WhatsApp and oh my goodness it's so lovely haha. Okay I can't deny that I can't live without WhatsApp and how great of an app it is. But yes it feels good to be cut off. To wake up to zero notifications. But things seem to go back to normal on Monday.

So yeah the past ten days were pretty enjoyable. It really felt like my brain has been switched off. Although not a hundred percent, because we were still discussing about work and future projects with my workers heh. But it's okay, it was a productive and discussion with them, and we got quite a few things sorted out. Although I'd love to experience days where I can forget about life for a while.

It's already mid 2016 now and well I am quite excited to see how the other half of the year will look like. Definitely excited about finishing this project we've been working on for almost a year now. The break has allowed me to think and contemplate about lots of things. It's a mix of thoughts and feelings weirdly. But I was just simply trying to focus my mind of taking a break.

It seems like we can never escape for the worries and weird thoughts of life. Even during times when we're not supposed to think about them. I suppose we need to be more mindful about our thoughts. Talking about mindfulness I've been enjoying my meditation sessions too. Since it was so quiet every night during the break and my meditations become more enjoyable.

Alright I guess that's all for now. I'm kind of annoyed that I didn't blog more often during the break. Because weirdly I thought I have quite a few things to blog about. So I wonder why I didn't! Oh well never mind, I'll blog when I can think of the things that I should be blogging of heh. Thanks for the wonderful break! Here's to a greater and more exciting other half of the year! See you soon.

No comments: