Tuesday 5 July 2016

Peace

It's the last day of Ramadhan and I have to wake up to the news of a suicide blast in Madinah, outside of Prophet Muhammad's Mosque, killing five people. And in Indonesia another suicide bomber detonated himself at a police office in Surakarta. As if the bombs in Baghdad, Malaysia, Dhaka, and other parts of the world are not enough. This is Ramadhan, a holy month for Muslims and all of these have to happen? I really don't get it. It's beyond my comprehension really. 

I just wish that all of these would stop. Why would these people do this? Sigh... Condolences to all of the victims affected in these incidences. I hope that their family member and friends will be given strength. Please take care everyone. Wherever you are. And may there be peace in the world.

Anyway, it's a pretty much chill day for me on this Tuesday. Didn't do much. Went to the farm as usual with my dad in the afternoon till the evening. And we went home for our yearly Takbiran night satay session haha. We've been doing this every year. Well this time round I don't eat the satay since I'm a vegetarian. I got myself some grilled eggplants! Smothered with sweet soy sauce. Quite yummy.

And at night, we went for the usual drive around my hometown. I'm not sure why but this year's Takbiran feels very.... Empty? Well the mosques are still doing the Takbiran but the streets are rather empty. It's not so crowded like the previous years. Not sure if it's the things that happened this morning that dampen the people's spirit. Maybe. Or maybe time has changed. 

I just feel weird how we've been doing this for years now. In the past, it was my dad who's driving us around the city. Now it's me who's driving, and my sister and her husband at the back. Time flies isn't it. It's so scary but wonderful at the same time. I wonder if we'll still do this in the future. And if the atmosphere of the Takbiran will remain the same as time goes by. No one knows.

The holiday mood has been kicking in so far. The house feels very quiet now that the factory has closed. I've been enjoying the day so far, and I'm looking forward to enjoying the rest of the holiday! I really hope I can do all the things I've been wanting to do in this holiday! We'll see hehe. Well I was enjoying the afternoon reading my book while listening to chillout music. Pretty divine.

Alright that's all for now. To all Muslims out there, I hope you had a wonderful and blissful month of Ramadhan. And have a great time with your family tomorrow. And to every Muslim in this world, I wish you a wonderful Eid ahead. Please, no more tragic news to wake up to.

No comments: