Monday 16 January 2017

Can't Sleep

Pretty annoyed with the fact that I've been having insomnia for the past 4 days now. I can sleep, and I always have a good sleep. It's just that it's kinda difficult to fall asleep heh. I'm not sure why but somehow, I always get some bouts of insomnia here and there. Like maybe once every month of two.

Okay so usually I go to bed at 5 AM (or earlier) and I'll sleep by 5.30 AM or so. Nowadays I'll sleep earliest by 6.30! I would spend an hour just being awake. I always avoid checking my phone cause they say it usually keeps you awake. I do watch some YouTube videos before I sleep. Usually it's either songs or someone talking about something, and I'll sleep while watching them heh.

But now even the videos can't help. I would then go to music and well music kinda helps. These days I've been falling asleep to music. The weird thing is that I had such a great sleep when I fall asleep. But because I sleep late, I woke up late too. Usually I wake up at 12:30 - 1 PM and now I would wake up at like 1 PM plus. And I'd feel annoyed, and the cycle continues. Urgghhh.

I tried to cut tea last night, thinking it was the caffeine or something but nope, I was still fresh at 6 AM heh. So probably not the tea. Well they say when you're having insomnia, there's usually lots of thoughts in your subconscious mind. Do I? I'm not sure haha. But oh well I'm just gonna try to sleep earlier now. I'm planning to go to bed before five, that should buy me some time right.

The worst case of insomnia that I ever experienced was in Singapore back in January 2013. It was so bad that I didn't even sleep the entire night. I gave up sleep thinking that I would have a good sleep the next night but I was still feeling restless. I could still remember sitting outside my room in the balcony at 4 AM and then back into my room and back outside till the sun rises. And then it was 8 AM and I was still watching TV. I couldn't sleep or anything. Thankfully it was a Saturday! :O

Sleep is really a mysterious thing. Like really, why do we sleep? How do we sleep? What happen when we sleep? Perhaps it's really something kinda unexplainable. I was reading an article a few years ago about how scientists are actually still baffled about sleeping and its purpose etc. 

Well, sleep while you can my friends. Cause one day we might need to take sleeping pills to sleep.

No comments: