Wednesday 11 January 2017

Cozy

I think I haven't updated you here but I'm currently staying inside my 2nd sister's room! Been here for almost a week now. My eldest sister and my nephew is now staying at my house so my sis is back in her room, her helper in my room and currently I'm in my 2nd sister's room. This used to be my piano room but we converted it into a bedroom for my 2nd sis and her husband.

I really like it here. It's very cozy, albeit stuffy sometimes. It's what I imagine how I want my room to be. But I wish it can be slightly bigger. It's kind of the perfect size for one person though.

I've also made a drawer and another new rack for my room! Well I was actually doing spring cleaning last week before my sis came, didn't have the chance to move the stuff inside the drawers etc. I'm going to do so before CNY. But yeah earlier this year, or wait actually end of last year, I was talking to my mum about a few options to "extend" the space in my room. Cause it's always messy.

Especially my table which is always in a constant loop of messiness hahaha. I was thinking maybe my table is pretty small. Well compared to other "normal" tables that people usually use, it is pretty small. So I consulted my mum and sister although my sister has a good point: No matter how big my table is, it's gonna be messy... Sob sob. Well hopefully not. I think the new racks will help a lot.

I think like I really want to make myself more organised. Now that I'm getting busier and busier with work, I'm pretty sure my table is gonna get messier too. But I suppose it's getting better and better as compared to a few years back. I was really trying quite hard to organise my life back in 2015-ish heh. That's when I bought plastic drawers and so on. It's good, but not good enough. Not neat enough.

Which brings me to my next point. I think I found a resolution for this year! I want to try the minimalist lifestyle in 2017. Getting rid of what I don't need and just owning as little things as possible. I was really inspired by the video on Facebook about how many Japanese are opting this lifestyle. And also I've been following a minimalist YouTuber Jenny Mustard who's been really inspirational.

Okay I'm still reading up and planning how I'm going to make this into practice. I got the gist of it and really hoping to put it into practice ASAP. Sometimes I feel like what I need is space, to make things tidy. But after reading and watching materials about minimalism, I feel like maybe I own too many things. Like I need to get rid/give away some and make space so that my room will be clutter-free. 

Alright I'm gonna stop here now. Gonna talk more about this resolution on another post :)

No comments: