Monday 30 January 2017

Swoosh

Can you believe that tomorrow is the last day of January already? Not sure how to feel to realise this fact, can't believe 2017 is flying so quickly already haha. Although it's just the first month of the year. Well the past week has been a very busy one with Chinese New Year and so on. So perhaps I forgot how fast time is flying. Especially last week when whew, so many things are happening!

Anyway let's talk about the great music of January! First one of the year. Okay I really failed last year to include song of the month so that it's easier for me to compile the list at the end of the year. 

So here goes!

Great Music of January:
- Warm Waves by Observer Drift
- Lamun Ombak by Mondo Gascaro feat Aprilia Apsari
- Rainy Days On The Sidewalk by Mondo Gascaro

Song of the month: Lamun Ombak by Mondo Gascaro feat Aprilia Apsari

Okay the year started quite slow with these music! I finally received my copy of Mondo Gascaro's debut album Rajakelana which was launched on 21st of Jan! Co-incidentally I received mine then too haha. I think it's such a fantastic album. It is well-written, arranged and definitely the kind of album that will make you want to go somewhere and forget about life haha. Which suits the name of the album which means "King of wandering". Definitely inside my top Indonesian albums so far.

I discovered Observer Drift in YouTube again, I really fell in love with his song Warm Waves! Such a perfect song for driving and long bus rides. I hope to hear more from him!

Alright it's a slow start like I said, but there are a couple of albums I'm waiting for. Aquilo released their debut last Friday too and it's currently on the way here! I was listening to it on my Spotify haha. Muna will also release their debut next week. Tycho also released their debut album (physical format) and I can't wait too weee. Man, so many great albums! And more to come this year.

Okay that's all for now. Here's to more music discovery journey in 2017! See ya again :)

No comments: