Tuesday 24 January 2017

We Bloom

So today was another... Successful harvest yay! Well for the record it was indeed the biggest harvest we ever did, 636 rolls of flowers which is equal to 31.800 stalks of flowers in one day! Weee. That's almost like twice the usual amount we harvest on a usual delivery. However... We are still short of flowers. It wasn't a full order like what my customers ordered. But well we can't help it because the remaining flowers have not bloomed, and we can't harvest them either so yes.

But nevertheless, I'm glad we did this today! I was quite worried that they will not bloom on time but nope, mother nature has conspired with us weee. Thankful to my workers' hard work today. From harvesting, to packing and loading them. I just hope the flowers will arrive safely.

Every year I always learn from the mistake we made. So this time round I think we have decided to increase the amount of planting time. I was assuming that because we planted so much for CNY, we will have "enough" flowers for delivery but nope. I mean yes we have enough, but they haven't bloomed haha. So the key here is really duration. That's the lesson we learned this year.

In 2015 we miscalculated the days. In 2016 it was successful but same, it was the weather. In 2017 it's even more successful but the weather is still a problem. So yep. We've found a solution.

The most exciting and challenging thing about being in the agriculture industry is that we really need to experiment and wait. Unlike in non-living-things industries, where we can see "instant" results in experiments (say a new product made, etc), in this industry we gotta wait for 3 months for the flowers to bloom. And we just continue learning and learning and growing. And getting better.

That's what life is all about - getting better!

Well I can sort of breathe a sigh of relief because another big harvest is finished now. We've learned new lessons for the future and well it's time we implement it. I never expected to land among the flowers but I'm really enjoying what I'm doing now. Flowers are lovely beings. Unlike some humans. Oops hahaha. But yeah, they taught me a lot too. Which I'm gonna talk on another post!

Anyway it's 3 more days to CNY and I'm excited! Looking forward to gathering with my family again and also the food and reunion. Now that the harvest is over, I can relax a bit heh. Alright I'll see you again soon. Have a great mid-week everyone! CNY weekend is coming :P

No comments: