Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy New Year 2017!

Hello hello, just wanna wish you a happy happy new year 2017! It's another new year, can you believe it. 2016 has been such an insane odyssey and let us all make 2017 a better year ahead! It was a pretty alright New Year's Day for me here. Well it feels like an ordinary Sunday. Delivery to do, and stuff to do at night. I think as you grow older you don't really feel any difference between NYD and other days. Come to think of it it's really just another day, just that we're crossing into a new year.

New Year's Eve yesterday was alright too. I went to the temple as usual in the afternoon. It's been a habit I have since I don't know when. I usually went with my mum last time but I gotta do stocks so I went ahead first. After that I went to the shop to do stocks! Hahaha, you know you're growing up when you have work to do on NYE and NYD heh. I was even doing calculations 10 minutes before twelve midnight! Until my dad called me to boil some water for tea for the prayers.

Well this time round NYE is kinda more "fun" although there were only my parents, brother, sister and her husband. We were just watching TV after that, talking about the news and watching how different parts of Indonesia and the world are ushering the new year. And as usual at every dawn of the first day of the year, I went to drink alone in my room. That's how I celebrate NYE mwahaha.

Thankfully no hangover this year! Well I was just having a light headache when I woke up.

2017 is another blank canvas for me. I don't know what's in store for me this year and I don't have many plans either. Although I did spend some time thinking about some resolutions last night. I entered 2016 without any major resolutions. Things like blogging, journaling etc are not considered "major" ones okay haha. And I'd like to keep it this way. I think resolutions should come along the way.

Well it's been a challenging year in 2016. But I know that I'm going to make 2017 a better year. Every year should just be a better version of the previous year. Until we die. The things I went through and all the arduous journey have definitely made me a stronger person. So let's just continue to become better and stronger in 2017. In every aspect of our own lives.

Embracing the uncertain is never easy. But I feel there's also a beauty in it. Because nothing is certain in life, everything is constantly changing. The best way to embrace it is to really live in the moment. To take whatever you have now, in this moment, and make them beautiful. 

Anyway it was a fine day today. The sky was blue and the sun was shining so brightly. I hope that it is a sign that the stormy days have passed and that the blue skies I'm waiting for is finally coming in this year. Come to think of it it's been like dark and gloomy on the first day of the year for the past 3 years or so. 

Alright that's all from me on this first day of the year. As usual, I'm looking forward to read my posts from this year at the end of 2017. Damn, it'll be my 9th year blogging this year. Time is so cray cray man. Alrighty I wanna wish you a happy new year again, may this year be a better year for all of us! :)

No comments: