Saturday 11 February 2017

Room Tour! (Kind Of)

It's Saturday night now, my usual chill out night! I think it's a good time for me to talk about my new room! Lets do the room tour as promised haha. Okay it's not really "new" because I just add stuff inside it. I really love how it turns out now, even though I was worried that it's gonna be weird haha.


Let's begin with my desk. So before this, there wasn't that extra compartment above. It's just this L-shaped desk. Most of the time my table is always messy because I have my books, my files this and that on top of it. Now I place my books and stuff above on that new compartment! :D And my table is pretty empty most of the time now hehe. It can get messy sometimes though. Oops haha.

I feel that the extra compartment helps a lot. It's not fully utilised now, as you can see there's only like 4 books haha. The small plastic drawer on top is my cables. Chargers, USB and so on.


Beside my table is this new drawer! Before this I used 2 plastic drawers. They are both 4-tiered. However this makes this part of my room very very messy and cluttered heh. This one really hides away the clutter (HAHAHA). Just kidding but it's actually more organised. It serves the same function as the previous plastic ones. Just more organised and also, I have an extra empty space on top of it!


This is the inside of the cupboard. There are a total of 8 compartments and they each serve a different purpose. Like this is my monthly report for the farm and shop. The other side of the compartment is my books and other nick-nacks like hard drive and so on. I haven't really organised everything well though. I still need to move things around to. It looks so much better now heh.


Before there's a desk-lamp, my table is really dark at night heh. So I bought this new lamp to write things. However it is super bright when faced directly onto me. So I actually turned it away and used the wood to reflect and spread the light around. And it works really well! I'm thinking of covering that wall (with wallpaper) with some white board/cloth. I think the light is going to spread better.


Last but not least, I'm gonna utlise this empty part of the compartment to hang some stuff. Thinking of hanging my headphone here so that it's easy to get it and store it. Also maybe some cables, and reminders and so on. I don't actually have a pen holder. And I wanna make the most hipster pen holder ever - a string stretched across this where I hand my pens at mwahaha. I only have 3 pens anyway.

Yup that's all for my room tour! One of my resolutions for this year is to be as clutter-free as possible. Trying to adapt into this minimalist lifestyle slowly. I was reading articles and watching videos about minimalist designs and habit in your work space, and how it can really improve your mood and productivity. So yeah, I hope I'm stepping into the right direction. Love how my room feels like now!

Okay gonna talk more about this resolution of mine on a separate post. I hope you had a good week and enjoy your Sunday ahead! Man, time flies during weekends seriously heh.

No comments: