Saturday 25 February 2017

Unbound


I am currently obsessed with this new song by Asgeir. And I am really excited about his new album! Okay I know this song is almost like one month old heh. I already pre-ordered his boxset which is released on 5th May and I am so excited about it. This is the first single from his new album and I'm loving the whole new vibe from him. Although this sounds very electronica, I can still feel the touch of his folk-ness. I hope he won't entirely go into a new direction, cause I really love his first album.

But well I'm still very excited for his new album, no matter the style! :P

Anyway this song was released at a pretty right time for me. Remember the post about happiness? How I was talking about not wanting to cling so much into emotions. And well "unbound" is such a great way to describe how I want to feel. I want to be unbound from emotions.

I was reading an article from the Wild Honey Pie about how the song is about bringing us back to the present moment. Which is really true because of the lyrics "stick to the present", "luck will find me somehow, you know that I will be unbound" and my favourite line is:

"And then why do I worry?
Odds are with me
I am upon my journey
Untied I will be"

I think this is sort of the essential line that tells the song is about living in the moment. Because when we're living in the moment we won't have to be worried. And we will be "untied" to many things along our path. Neither tied to the past nor the future. We won't have to think about whether the odds are with us or not. It truly feels like embarking on a journey without fear. Unchained.

Which is what I've been pondering about. I want to live life fearlessly. I feel it is such a difficult thing to do because well life is life and we're humans after all. We will be bound with fears and worries and other emotions that sort of prevent us from enjoying this journey. Living in the present, often times, is a form of art. Because it is not a methodical way. We have to feel and work things around.

Oh well, I think I need to talk about this fuller in another post. So in the meantime that's all from me. I hope you've had a good week and wishing you an beautiful Sunday ahead! :)

No comments: