Monday 27 February 2017

Train Ride

 Mondays

(PS: I actually fell asleep and forgot to publish this post last night!)

Today has been such a tiring day. A long day but kinda fulfilling one too. Today I sent my brother in law's mum to the airport with him. She's flying back to Ukraine after a month here! Time flies really, didn't feel like a month at all. But before I met them for lunch, I went to see my customer first to have a talk with them. Also he's been asking me to visit his shop in Jakarta haha. So I actually went to Jakarta at 5 in the morning via train. Yup, from my hometown to Bogor, then to Jakarta.

I was quite annoyed because I don't know why I couldn't fall asleep inside the (super comfy) train. I was wide awake throughout the journey, probably slept for like 5 minutes or something heh. Then I reached Bogor at 7 AM and I went to the commuter line (the train that runs through Jakarta to Bogor) to meet one of my workers who took me to my customer's shop. The commuter line was so full. I stood up for the full 1.5 hours journey from Bogot to Juanda eeeeep.

Met with my customer, talked and chatted a bit, and then my brother in law reached the shop to fetch me. And then we went to have lunch before going to the airport. Then we bid farewell :( She must be sad to leave her grandson! She'll probably be back next year winter again so yeah. I hope she's well and healthy always! Although I can't talk to her as she can't speak English, she's a lovely lady for sure.

Then we went home! So I was awake for about 40 hours with only 4 hours of sleep. Woo!

Alright it's the second last day of February, time for some great music. Lots of them!

Great Music of February:
- Unbound by Asgeir
- All I Had by Louis La Roche
- Dear To Me by Electric Guest
- Saturn by Sleeping At Last
- Silhouette by Aquilo
- You Won't Know Where You Stand by Aquilo
- I Know A Place by Muna
- End of Desire by Muna
- Say Something Loving by The xx
- I Dare You by The xx
- Division by Tycho
- Horizon by Tycho

Songs of the month: Unbound by Asgeir and I Know A Place by Muna

Right, all of the albums that are released in January finally arrived hahaha. Let's begin with All I Had, Dear To Me and Saturn. I found all of these songs via YouTube as always, on my recommendation tab hah. Okay except for All I Had which I discovered from Majestic Casual. I really love the synth and rhythm for All I Had. It's super catchy and just a great song to listen to. Loving the 90s vibe from Dear To Me, and I'm so excited for their new album! As for Saturn, it's such a great song to reflect to. The lyrics are so beautiful and the video, wow. One of the most beautiful music videos I've seen.

Finally received my copy of Aquilo's debut album and I really love it! I'm considering to get its vinyl now haha, hopefully the local record store have it here. I love the feel of the whole album. I think it's well produced and just everything about it is great I think. And also Muna's album which arrived a few days after Aquilo's! I feel it is probably the best album released so far this year. I am so happy for the three wonderful ladies, whose music is so inspiring and uplifting. 

The xx new album is amazing as well. Although I discovered them like way later from their debut (in 2014 I think), I know that they are quite famous in the electronic scene. So I was feeling pretty excited when they announced that they are releasing a new album. I think this album is quite different from their previous but it still has their signature which is what I love about them!

And last but not least, really loving Tycho's new album Epoch! Although the album was released digitally last year, I decided to get it after the physical formats are released. Tycho is one of my favourite ambient/electronic musician because his vibes is really one of a kind I feel. I feel so lucky to have discovered his music playing in a cafe back in 2013 heh. I think his music feels "bolder" in this new album than the previous. It's a great album nevertheless, definitely grammy-nomination deserving.

Right that's all from me! So many great music this February! And more to come in the months ahead. February, as usual, feels like a month that never existed heh. It always flies so quickly. Alright one more post to go tomorrow. See you soon! And I hope you've had a fabulous February.

No comments: