Friday 28 April 2017

One Year On!

 I miss the clear blue skies.

Today's the 28th of April which marks... One year since I returned from Tibet! Oh man it's such a wonderful trip and I am always thinking about it. About the trip, the place, the people, and everything else. I would love to return one day, to explore the other parts of Tibet! Especially the east.

Tibet is really a place that you can't find anywhere else on Earth. Okay some of the people who went with me for the trip told me that Ladakh in Northern India is pretty similar to Tibet and I'd love to see it too! And Bhutan as well. But I suppose nothing will be as similar as Tibet itself. The people, culture and everything. I've always felt humbled whenever I look back on those days.

Humbled because of the people, who are so friendly, kind and resilient. Humbled because of the beautiful sights that I see, that make me feel pretty small in this world. And of course not forgetting, humbled because of Qomolangma, or Mt Everest. I'll forever be humbled and awed by the mountain. I'll always remember to be humble and at the same time, to always remind myself not to give up climbing the "mountains" that I'm going to face in life. The mountain is a great teacher.

I'd say that the trip is actually probably the most incredible journey that I've embarked on. Because seriously, nothing could beat that. It's a sensory overload, and spiritual overload too. It's an experience that encompasses everything that I want to experience. Both in the things I do/see and the emotions I feel. And well, I seriously hope I can feel the same in every trip I'm going to.

Alright just a short post to talk about this reminiscence. Anyway I'm going to Bandung tomorrow for Kampoeng Jazz Festival! PREP is coming and I can't believe that I'll be seeing them live tomorrow! I thought I'll never have the chance to see em live eeep. Alright see you tomorrow! :)

No comments: