Sunday 30 April 2017

Ultralife

Hello! It's the last day of April can you believe it. Not sure why and how but I feel this month flew by really really quickly. Perhaps it's the fact that we had three consecutive long weekends so which means we have two of 4 weekday weeks? Okay not sure either heh. But May is here tomorrow! 

There are days where I feel like I'm detached to time. You know, days where I don't know what day and month it is now. In fact today was rather embarrassing. So I was talking to my worker about how today is the last delivery of the month, and we are going to write it as the 30th of April, and not first of May, even though it's gonna be delivered tomorrow. And then I was telling him like "you mean 31st of March?". And he's like no... It's April now. I was like WTF haha. Oops.

Anyway so far I think I'm doing quite good with the ten posts per month thing. In fact too good that I literally post ten posts a month. I think I should post more... When I have the time.

Alrighty time to talk about the great music I discovered in April!

Great Music of April: 
- Ultralife by Oh Wonder
- Hilang by Fanarama
- Ocean Drive by Duke Dumont
- Metropolis by Compuphonic
- Stardust by Asgeir
- Afterglow by Asgeir
- Love by Lana Del Rey

Song of the month: Ultralife by Oh Wonder

Oh Wonder released their new single on the last day of March while I was in Singapore for Coldplay haha. I really love the song! And I'm so excited about their new album in June (pre-ordered!). What I love about Oh Wonder music is that... It kinda gives you a good vibe. Especially the video which is super meaningful and uplifting. I can't wait for their new album. They are one of my favourite singer-songwriters ever. Looking forward to see what the second album is all about.

I actually discovered Hiland by Fanarama a year ago but they didn't release their music up till this month. It was only available on Soundcloud. Excited to hear more songs from them too, as seen from their Instagram hehe. Ocean Drive is another song I discovered off YouTube. It was on my recommended tab again and damn I love the beat and the song. Definitely a song for long drives. Which also goes the same for Metropolis, which I discovered from Majestic! Metropolis is such a beautiful and warm song. It makes you reminisce a lot. Perfect song after a long day, or late nights.

Asgeir just released two new songs as well, Stardust and Afterglow, which is the title track for his upcoming album! It's gonna be out in 5 more days and I'm so excited weee. I love Stardust because I think it is a new "style" from Asgeir. In fact the three songs released all have different characteristics, which makes me really intrigued for his new album. I wanna know how the album is going to sound. Asgeir is definitely my favourite male singer from Iceland, and I love his music. Cause the poetic lyrics go very well with his music. I'm so excited to see his second album, cause I love "In The Silence"!

Last but not least, I know Lana released Love in February but I only got the song now heh. I kinda like the song because it reminds me of her first album, which to me is the best album from her. I kinda hope that she's going back towards that direction but then again, I'm up for everything!

Alright that's all for the music of April. May and June is gearing to be a good two months for music with so many new albums being released. So so excited! Have a great May ahead people :D

No comments: