Friday 14 April 2017

Running

When I was young, someone once told me a quote that stays with me till now.

"Don't run before you learn how to walk"

To me this is something that stays with me since then. Basically it's a reminder to not rush things and to just really do things to the best of your capability, before going into the next level. We often overestimate ourselves, going to the next stage of life before we are even capable of finishing and accomplishing this current stage well. And when we enter the next stage, we suffer.

Being an adult now, this is something I relate to a lot. Most of the time it's not me who decided to go to the next "stage. Most of the time it's other people who pushed me, thinking we're all capable of accomplishing this. But meh, of course being an adult I know my limits too. And I usually refuse to comply with them. We should never overestimate ourselves. And also never underestimate ourselves.

Like I've always believed, it's important to be ambitious, but it's more important to be ambitious within your limits. And the only person who sets our limits is ourselves. You know yourself best.

So yeah, when people try to set my limit, mehh, don't try me.

No comments: