Monday 1 May 2017

TIL - Holding On

It's the first of May today which means it's... May Day May Day. Okay that was pretty lame. But yes it's a holiday here as well and it was a pretty much chill day for me! Had some guests coming over and that's about all. It's the end of the three consecutive long weekends. Whew.

Okay I just realised that I didn't do my TIL series in March... And I think I should stop that habit. So I'm gonna do two TILs, one for March and one for April. And May at the end of this month. I have 30 more days to go mwahaha. Hmm it's a very short and simple one actually.

In March, I learned something about hope. To be more exact, not losing it. I've always believed that the only thing you should hold on tightly to in life is hope. Just the thought that things will change for the better. The thought that things will happen the way you want them to be. It is infuriating, I know, to hold on to something when things don't seem the way they are going for you.

It's like driving against the current. You're struggling and it feels good to think how life will be much easier to just let everything go and let the current drag you away to the unknown. But it's quite scary too when you think about it, because you don't know where the current will take you.

2016 was pretty tough. But somehow everything unraveled into a beautiful epilogue in March. Out of the sudden, out of the blue. Nothing prepares us for this, and it truly felt like the universe has planned everything for us. Despite us feeling pretty frantic and worried most of 2016. 

I read a lot about depression stories. How lots and lots of people committed suicide, or attempted them, because they feel that things are not getting better and better. So they decided to end everything once and for all. 2016 felt like that for me. And then they share about how people around them are encouraging to hold on and to have faith. But depression is depression. It's a voice from the inside that really fucks everything up. It's how much you resist these voices, to hope for the better.

Faith is a funny thing. It's like the sun shining bright, but as long as there is the sun, and there is you, a shadow will be cast. Wherever you go, it will follow. I think it's human nature. But if the light gets brighter, the shadow will disappear. It's really how much you can make this light shine brighter than the shadows we cast. Okay hmm am I making any sense actually hahaha.

Well yeah, it can get pretty tiring. But please, don't lose hope. Life will always find a way.

No comments: