Saturday 13 May 2017

Connections


So yesterday I saw the sad news of the passing of the drummer from one of my favourite post-rock bands, Moonlit Sailor. I was feeling shocked and sad to see the news, cause they're one of the first post-rock bands that I come across with, and I've been listening to their songs since 2010-ish. And to also know that the song "Hope" was something extra special to the drummer makes me even sadder because it is my favourite song from them! :( So I was spamming it last night heh.

I find it weird how whenever I hear a member of a band passed away, I will feel sad, even though we don't know each other personally. Well I haven't really experienced this. Maybe the last one was the devastating news of Viola Beach, which I just discovered them a few weeks before the accident.

Maybe it's this invincible/invisible connection that their music has with us? Like although we don't personally know each other, we are connected with each other via music. So naturally we'll feel sad to know that they are gone forever. Music is incredible isn't it! It binds us all together, unites us all.

Alright this is just a short post. I'd like to dedicate this post to Adam, the awesome drummer for Moonlit Sailor. Rest in Peace Adam, thank you for the music. Condolences to the band and his family.

:(

No comments: