Friday 5 May 2017

Travel Sounds

I don't know why but I love listening to the sounds of transportation passing by. Be it the sound of a car/motorcycle in the distance passing by. Or the sound of train coming into my hometown every morning at about 6 AM. And my favourite one is the sound of planes passing by above me at night. I usually track them by using the flightradar app hah. It's kinda comforting? Weird I know.

It reminds me of travel and far away places. Places I create in my mind, as I wonder where these vehicles are going. The planes remind me of the excitement I have whenever I'm on a plane, traveling to somewhere new. Looking out of the window, wondering how the place will look and feel like. The nerves, joy and anticipation of traveling. Being somewhere new. But of course, feeling all of these in the comfort of my room, as I'm sitting down on my chair or something. Or when laying on my bed.

I was just at the farm earlier at as always, the farm is so so quiet. Life felt so blissful there, especially at night when you can hear nothing else but the sound of crickets and other critters. And the sounds of motorcycles and cars zooming by in the distance. This moment feels very blissful for me. In the silence of the night, sitting still, quiet, and chancing upon these sounds. Kinda serendipitous in a way.

It's kind of like the simple joys in life, the little random things that occur to us that we kinda enjoy. 

And I think one of the easiest and best ways to enjoy life is to have all these moments and enjoy to the fullest. We seem to live in a world where we define and quantify our "happiness". And when we fail to reach this "quantity", we equate them to unhappiness. But yeah when we try to enjoy these little random moments throughout our day, week, month and so on, life will be better I suppose?

As they say, the happiest people don't have everything, they make the best out of everything!

No comments: