Wednesday 31 May 2017

Something Here

 
 My Afterglow Deluxe Boxset! Thanks for signing the box :P

It's the end of May again! And in this month I have discovered lots of music. Well not exactly discovered but there are lots of albums released, and they are all something I've been anticipating about! Also finally received some of the albums I ordered last month. We have a few to talk about!

Great Music of May
- Afterglow by Asgeir (album)
- The Days We Had by Day Wave (album)
- Revival by Vancouver Sleep Clinic (album)
- Fix by Hazel English
- Control by Hazel English
- Slow Fade by PREP
- Nevermore My Temples Leave by Favela
- Truth by Shallou

Song of the month: Nevermore My Temples Leave by Favela

Alright so yes there are 3 albums released in this month which I've been anticipating about! They are Asgeir's second album Afterglow, Day Wave's debut The Days We Had and Hazel English's double EP! I just received them about last week I think and I'm so happy! Cause it was taking quite long heh. Vancouver Sleep Clinic (VCS) debut was released last month but yep, just received it in May.

Lets start with Afterglow. It is Asgeir's second album after his debut of "In The Silence. In The Silence is definitely one of my favourite albums of all time. I'm so glad to have discovered him back in 2014 I think. I've been feeling excited about his second album and yup, it is another great album once again! I feel that he's "bolder" in this album in terms of music style, but his elements are definitely there. I love the synths and the poetic lyrics. I'd really love to know the meaning behind the songs though. My favourite songs from the album is: Here Comes The Wave In, Unbound, Afterglow, Trust!

Day Wave released his debut album on the same day as Asgeir and it is also another album I'm anticipating this year. I really enjoyed his double EP and this album doesn't disappoint too. Definitely a great song to soundtrack your summer haha. Well we have summer all year long here so I'm set! :P I'm glad to have discovered him way back in 2015 from his song Drag. I knew he's gonna make it big one day and well, I'm just so happy for his release really. Congratulations Jackson! Favourite songs from the album: Something Here, Wasting Time, Untitled and Ordinary.

I also discovered Hazel English about the same time as Day Wave and she just released her double EP the week after that! They both kinda have the same style in their music. And upon opening the double EP CD, I just found out that Jackson produced the album! I really love her music because of their dreamy touches and just how "wide" her music style is. I enjoyed every song from the album, but Fix is definitely my favourite. Along with the few other songs she released as singles last year.

VCS released their album last month but my order just arrived two weeks ago haha. I feel that their debut album is such an intensely beautiful album. That's how I would describe it. I think they released such a beautiful EP "Winter" and I was very excited for their debut. Their singles "Someone To Stay" and "Lungs" are pretty awesome and well, the rest of the album speaks the same. I am really hoping that I can have the chance to see them live. It must be a great experience really. Favourite songs: Wildfire, Someone To Stay, Lungs, Instrumental, Wherever You Are and Hiraeth.

There are also a few released this month which is awesome and exciting. Firstly there's Favela's new song Nevermore My Temples Leave which is such a beautiful melancholic song. I really love this song, especially during night drives and late nights when I'm writing. I think Favela is an amazing singer songwriter and I'm excited to listen to more new music from him this year. Similarly, I'd love to know the meaning behind this song haha. He replied my Tweet and said coming soon! Sweet....

PREP's Slow Fade is a bonus track on their CD version of their EP, which I ordered specially from Japan! And... Just recently I just found out I can get it in Indonesia T_T Oh well it's okay, I got it now nevertheless. And well, what can I say, another brilliant song from them! I am so excited for their new EP because the new songs that they performed at Kampoeng Jazz are so good.

And last but not least, Shallou's Truth is another Sheepy discovery from YouTube mwahaha. I love the song and it's definitely one of those songs to listen to after a long day, sipping some tea and slowly forgetting about life. And also another awesome driving music mwahaha. 

Alright that's all for May's Music! June is going to be an exciting month because there are lots of new music I'm anticipating. New albums from Dua Lipa, London Gramma, Lorde, Fleet Foxes and Coldplay's Kaleidoscope. Did I miss anyone? I think 2017 is seriously an awesome year for music haha. Feeling a bit bumped that Oh Wonder pushed back their release date to 14 July but it's alright! Good things are worth the wait. Oh boy, I'm gonna splurge a lot on music this year. Which is... The only think I splurge on haha. My guilty pleasure and something I've done since 10. Or something.

Okay I hope May was a great month for you. It's June tomorrow! And also Ramadhan is here so wishing all Muslims a blissful month of Ramadhan ahead. It's gonna be a month that flies very quickly for me. Busy with lots of things but well, a great reward is waiting for me at the end of the month so yeah. I hope you'll have a jubilant June ahead! And also here's to more music discovery as always.

No comments: