Saturday 1 August 2020

Hello

Well hello, wow I haven't been writing here for a long time indeed. I can explain!

Okay not only do I not have anything much interesting to talk about, but also for the past 2 weeks or so I have actually been... Falling asleep. Okay this is kind of good news and bad news. Good news because it means that my insomnia seem to be leaving me behind. Bad news because I didn't have much chances to blog. Also it becomes this bad habit of mine of sleeping, waking up, not being able to sleep, and then trying to go back to sleep, and yeah, this pattern is kinda annoying. 

Like usually I would sleep at 5-6 AM ish (if I'm down with insomnia, till 7-8) all the way till about 1 PM. Nowadays somehow, I would fall asleep at 4 AM ish, wake up at 7-8, not being able to sleep till 9, and then yeah the pattern goes on. I would fall asleep either after: reading a book, or after my meditation. I don't know why but I would feel very sleepy in these times. Sometimes unknowingly.

Which brings me to my next point: I think I might accidentally find the reason behind my insomnia. And sadly it's my favourite drink, AKA tea. So recently I did a blood test to check after being vegan for a year. My result came all amazing except for one: iron levels. Okay it's 2 points below normal. And so I went to do a bit of googling for the cause of low iron levels and I found out that black tea inhibits iron absorption. And after finding this out, I do realise that I drink a hell lot of tea.

I would drink black tea after every meal. Breakfast lunch and dinner. And I even drink 3 glasses (not even cups) of tea after lunch. So I decided to stop drinking them. Or at least give it sometime before I start drinking tea after my meal. Although I do stop drinking tea for breakfast and dinner. And for lunch now I limit myself to 1-2 glasses. And yup I do realise I fall asleep easier after doing so.

I used to tell myself that the caffeine in tea has no effect on me. But I guess it does! Well the funny thing is that before I went vegan, while still on a vegetarian (but mostly vegan) diet, my iron levels is always above average. I still drink lots of tea back then. So now I reduce my tea intake, and also consume some Vitamin C rich food while eating high iron food. Vitamin C helps to increase iron absorption! :)

Alright that's a bit of an update to why I haven't been blogging heh. I think I'm gonna blog more often in this month cause I have a few posts in mind. Okay that's all for now. Here's to an Amazing August for everyone. I swear I can't wait for this pandemic to be over. Urgh.

No comments: