Monday 17 August 2020

Too soon, too quick

Today we lost one of our best people. A partner in crime, and most importantly, a friend to me. 

When I returned home 7 years ago, I knew that I won't have many friends here (apart from my family of course). So it became natural that my workers become my "friends". Or at least people that I interact with almost everyday. To lose someone whom you've been interacting with almost everyday really hits hard. Especially when he has helped us a lot, and when he has been with you since the beginning.

A hardworking father, who always offered help when he could. I've never really treated him as a worker, as I feel he's a friend to me. Thank you for helping me get my gig tickets. Thanks for accompanying me to try veg food when I'm in Jakarta. Thank you for bringing me around town when I need to. But most importantly, thank you for helping us maintain this business all these years.

We started with 2 customers in Jakarta, and now we have almost 40 customers under his helm. Most of whom are our loyal customers that he helped maintain the relationship with. But now our business has been ruthlessly brought into a chaos thanks to Covid. I feel so helpless. I don't know how I can ever say thank you to him. And I'm gonna need some time to get used to his absence I guess.

No one to send me orders to check with every delivery. No one to send the data of flowers to sell to. No one to accompany me for food when I'm in Jakarta. It's so weird. But I guess I'll get used to it.

To my partner in crime, and my friend, rest easy now. Thank you for everything that you have done.

Selamat jalan Pa Irwan

No comments: