Saturday 29 August 2020

Of Concerts and Planes

Hello, here I am back again with another dream diary entry! I swear I've been having vivid, weird dreams lately. And today I'm gonna talk about two of them that I had few days ago.

This was the dream I had on Thursday night.... It's kind of a nice dream but at the same time also a stressful one. I dreamed that I was asked to play with SPSB again for MD! So in the dream I received a WhatsApp message from Cheryl asking me that I need to play for MD. Of course I replied yes, even though I know I haven't touched the clarinet in 7 years and that I am in Indonesia.

So yes in my dream I was still in Indonesia. The concert was supposed to be at 9 PM, I have to be in Esplenade for sound check at 8 PM, and the time in my dream then was 7 PM. So technically I have one hour to take a flight to Singapore HAHAHA. I remember I was running frantically, grabbing (magically) my clarinet, my blazer, tie and so on and hopped into my car. And then panicking that it is surely impossible to go to the airport and fly to Singapore in an hour hahaha.

Magically I even got time to have dinner halfway! Feeling stressed out, I decided to take a motorcycle taxi (gojek) to Singapore. Yes. And it did happen. I was grabbing my stuff on the motorcycle and arrived in Esplenade at 8:30 PM. Then Jaws came and told me that I have missed the soundcheck. But I still need to perform later 30 minutes later. I don't even know the pieces we were playing. So stressful!

Then I woke up. I'm glad I woke up hahaha. Even though I'd love to "see" the performance!

Then last night I dreamed of me being in Singapore and trying to take a flight back home. Due to COVID protocols, I have to do some swab tests thingy. In my dream I was walking along Orchard Road and I was buying stuff to bring back home. I looked at my ticket and my flight was at 2 AM (weird timing I know). I went back home (to Pandan Valley) and started packing up. It was 10 PM back then, when I realised that I looked at the wrong timing for my flight!

So 2 AM is the time of my flight back to Singapore. My actual flight to Indonesia is at 12 AM! Meaning I have 2 hours to go the airport. Once again, magically, I managed to grab a taxi to Changi, and somehow smoothly checked in my luggage, did the health tests and so on, and went inside my gate at 11:35 PM. I almost missed my flight. And then I went inside the plane, and I woke up.

I'm really not sure why I've been dreaming of stressful scenarios. According to psychology, dreams like this means that there are some unfinished things that we need to do. Well yes I did have a few work this past week and perhaps that's one of the reasons. I just love (and hate) how real and ridiculous these dreams are. How the impossible can happen, and how they turn to the possible haha.

I've always been fascinated by dreams. Just like Inception, we don't know how we ended up in the middle of our dreams do we? Dreams are also believed to be us experiencing our "mind" when we're sleeping. And that's why I find them so fascinating. And also why I started this series.

Alright I hope you had an Awesome August. It was rather quite a brutal one for me. Here's to a more Superb and Subtle September ahead for all of us I guess. Take care and stay safe! 

No comments: