Friday 9 June 2023

Bali Trip 2023 - Day 1

Okay so lets start with day one of my trip!

I arrived in Bali on Friday 2nd of June at 1030 AM ish. I took a Batik Air flight (my first!) from Jakarta and it was a very smooth flight. I took Grab from the airport and went straight to my hotel. The ride took about an hour and I arrived at 12. Way too early for check in. I stayed at Citadines at Berawa, which is a beautiful hotel and it's near the beach! I decided to walk around the beach first.


Omg my first trip to a beach in 8 years :')

I've never been to the beach in 8 years heh. The last time I went to the beach was 2015 with Brenda and Jeslyn at Pelabuhan Ratu. Way too long. It was mid noon and it's freaking hot, but I couldn't bear my excitement of being at the beach again haha. I decided to walk south down from Berawa Beach. Walked for about 30 minutes I think and I saw an exit so I went there. Booked Grab bike to go to Pels Supershop, which was the first vegan cafe on my list. Okay I'll dedicate a separate post for food!


My vegan chai and chocolate tart from Pels Supershop
While I escape the scorching Bali sun heh

Went to have a bit of lunch first and it was delicious. The sun was scorching so I ended up just staying at Pels for a while heh. I checked the time and it was almost 2 so I headed back to the hotel to check in. I really love Citadines, the hotel is super modern and I love the room too. There's a minus point though; it's near Atlas and W beach club so it could get noisy at night (you can hear the music). But for me personally I don't find it a problem. I slept like a baby in my two nights there.

Watching people with six pack right in front of me while I enjoy this banoffee pie doughnut 
]from Dreeamwave is a weird kind of flex. Don't worry I walked it all off. Hopefully.

I didn't get any sleep at all on that Friday actually. I did manage to score like 30 minutes of sleep on the plane I think. So I decided to just rest and watch TV at the hotel for 2 hours. At 4, I headed out again. My next destination was Dreamwave Doughnuts. I saw many people recommending it! I bought 3 doughnuts and decided to have them on the beach for a picnic. Not gonna lie, eating doughnuts while people with six pack are running in front of you is a weird kind of flex.

It was about 5 PM when I finished my doughnuts and I decided to start my first beach walk. I walked from Canggu Beach > Nelayan Beach > Berawa Beach > Till the end of the South side (I don't know what it is called haha) > Back to Berawa Beach. All I did was just listen to music and walk along the beach. It was super blissful and I really really enjoyed my walk there. It really feels like I have forgotten life for a while, with just music in my ears, and the sounds of crashing waves around me.


Just music in my ears, and words on my journal. Bliss

I stopped along the way to do some journaling too. It was nice. To just stare at the wide ocean in front of you and let the words of your mind flow through the pages of your journal. As the sun was setting, I sat near the entrance to Berawa beach which was near my hotel. And I had some lumpiang as I watch the sun set haha. It was a beautiful end to my first day :')


Of lumpiang and sunset. What a beautiful end to my day one :')

After that I booked another Grab bike to go to I Am Vegan Babe. It's a famous vegan cafe and I've seen many people go there. Had a lovely dinner and then I headed back to my hotel. It was 9 PM already! I showered and I just got knocked out right away heh. I was so damn sleepy! I didn't get any sleep at all remember haha. Anyway yes that's all for day one! Definitely a fantastic start to my trip.

No comments: