Saturday 17 June 2023

Bali Trip 2023 - Solo


I think one of the greatest things life has gifted me is the love for solitude
(That's not me, although I wish I can have a picture like this taken haha)

This is kind of a random post but it's just a collection of thoughts about traveling solo.

A lot of people are kind of weirded out that I went to Bali alone. Some people even thought I'm "lying" and that I'm actually meeting someone (like a partner HAHAHA I wish) in Bali. But actually I mean... I'm quite used to doing things alone. And traveling alone. I mean since 2013, I've been traveling by myself haha. And in fact, I miss this a lot! After 6 years I finally get to do it again.

Perhaps it's because I've been doing many things alone since my days in Singapore. So I'm fine with being alone. But actually I think I'm just a lover of solitude. I like being alone, and I think there's nothing wrong with that. I even have that philosophy that if I can't be happy alone, what makes me think that I can be happy with someone else haha. Sounds morbid, but I'm a strong believer of independence.

I think one of the greatest things that life has gifted me is the love for solitude. Although as I grow older, I now prefer being alone in "quiet places". I start to feel out of place being alone in crowded places. Perhaps it's just age haha. This is why like I don't really go to music festivals now. I'll still go to concerts of my favourite artists though. So like if you give me a choice, I'd rather go to a mountain alone than to go to a music festival haha. I search for peace and solitude now.

The thing I love about traveling alone is... There's gonna be less drama haha. Well of all the trips I went with people there's no drama obviously! But by traveling solo, you're going to eliminate this problem hah. And I feel free to do whatever I want. Eat whatever I want to eat. Go to places I want to go. With a group, there needs to be a consensus and therefore we won't be as free as this hah.

Also about food, since I'm a vegetarian, I don't want to trouble people to accommodate to my diet when traveling. So yeah there's that. Unless of course I go with a fellow vegetarian :P

But the thing is yeah I love traveling solo. Did I ever feel lonely when traveling? Not really. I feel wild and free haha. Although well uhh I did wish that one day I will get to travel with someone else, my partner and other half or something. But for now I'll just continue traveling solo.

Anyway after this short trip I think I'm going to make Bali a yearly trip! You know, just 3 days of traveling in Bali and being alone and refreshing and recharging. I have plans to explore other parts of Bali. I'm thinking of going to spend a weekend at Uluwatu next year. Or go to Ubud (there's so many gems over there!). To be honest I think 3 days is not enough. 4 days will be more ideal. I'm thinking like 2D1N in Ubud, and 2D2N in a beach area. Cause I love beaches.

Alrighty that's all from me. Hoping to make this yearly trip to Bali a reality! 

No comments: