Saturday 10 June 2023

Bali Trip 2023 - Day 2

Alrighty time to continue on day two! I saved day two for something special and I was leaving for Ubud on this day! But err things didn't go to plan in the beginning haha. So I really had a great sleep the night before. I think I slept from like 9-10 PM ish till 7. Actually I overslept! Haha. My plan was to leave my hotel at 7, have breakfast at 730 and leave for Ubud at 8-ish. My plan was to walk along the Campuhan ridge. But yeah I woke up at 7 and ended up having breakfast at 8.


Good morning Canggu from Manggis. Chai all day, everyday.

I went to Manggis which is another vegan cafe near my hotel. They're actually located in Ubud but I'm so happy that they opened a branch in Canggu! And it's so near my hotel haha. I had some tofu scramble and oh yes, I drank chai in almost every meal when I was in Bali haha. Seize the chance baby! I finished my breakfast at about 9 and booked a Grab to Ubud. Thankfully I found a driver that grabbed my booking (pun intended). He's a lovely driver and we chatted along the way.

And... This was when I realised I should have left Canggu earlier. Cause it took us 1.5 hours to reach Ubud! Hahaha. Okay lesson learned, should Google my trip beforehand. We left Canggu at 9 and I reached at about 1030. Went to Sayuri Healing Foods first to try their raw cheesecake. It's super gooood! I need to come back to Ubud to try the rest of their cakes and food haha.


Ubud Grab Bike adventure and Moksa at Ubud. Lovely restaurant!

At 11... I did something special. Okay shall not spoil it for you but I got a new tattoo mwahaha. Separate post for this! My tattoo session was 2 hours (including consultation). I finished at about 1:30 PM and I went to grab lunch at Moksa. This is a restaurant I've been wanting to try and I'm glad I finally did! Although as usual, I wish I have 3 stomachs to try all of their food heh.


Lovely paddy field and prayer altar in front of Moksa

Lunch was delicious! It was about 3 PM when I finished lunch and I made my way back. Okay here's a funny story. So like most other people out there I relied on Google Map to go around when traveling. I was trying to find my way to the main road where I thought it'll be easier for me to find a Grab. I asked a local too about how to go to the main road and she told me to follow this path (also similar to G Maps). So I just followed her directions and go straight. Upon reaching "the main road"... 


One of the best part of traveling - finding a gem while getting lost

It turned out to be a beautiful small paved road that is just enough for a motorcycle haha. But wow the view around me is beautiful! To my left and right are paddy fields. The sky was a clear blue (and also hot) and I had a lovely walk! I thought it was a "compensation" for not being able to walk on the Campuhan ridge haha. Although my newly tattooed arm was also stinging and sore haha. 


The end of the road lead to this, but I made it out to a housing complex haha

Anyway I reached the end of the road and it lead to a small village path, and I eventually made my way to a housing complex haha. But that's where I found a minimarket and booked my Grab heh.


Beautiful end to this trip. Thank you Bali!

Anyway I made my way back to Canggu. Reached at about 430 PM I think. I took a shower and cleaned my tattoo (which was amazingly painful haha). I headed straight to the beach again for my last beach walk of the trip! This time round I went to the north. From Berawa Beach > Nelayan Beach > Canggu Beach > and tiny bit above that. The weather was better than the day before.


One of the rare times where I feel at bliss, and at peace.

The sky was blue, the sea breeze was super lovely and sunset was amazing. As usual I put on music on my ears and just walked and walked and walked. There was a tiny bit of beach further up north from Canggu Beach (I think it's still Canggu Beach) and I sat there to journal while watching the sun set. It was in this moment that I feel really grateful that I went for this trip. That I managed to fully enjoy myself in the past 30 hours or so. I felt bliss wash over me as the sea breeze was blowing, and the sky was painted in hues of orange and gold. Such a lovely feeling.


Finally some gelato. And beer.

I made my way back to Canggu Beach as the sky was getting dark. Booked another Grab to Gelato Secret as my aunt recommended me to try some gelato in Canggu haha. Had the only vegan option which was mango sorbet and cappuccino oatside gelato! Then I booked another Grab to Secret Spot for dinner. Had a lovely dinner there and decided to try Kura Kura beer. Another beer I've been wanting to try haha. I bought some cakes to go to have them in my room. That's all for day 2!

It was 9 PM by the time I reached my hotel. You know you're no longer "young" when you decided to spend the rest of the night in your hotel room eating cakes and sipping tea haha. It was kinda ironic as I could hear the blasting sound of music from 2 music clubs at the balcony of my room. But well I think I've passed that age of partying and clubbing. Eating cake at balcony and drinking tea is lovely.


*inserts this is fine meme* 

No comments: