Sunday 11 June 2023

Bali Trip 2023 - Day 3


After a night of partying, the balcony in the morning was super quiet heh
Good morning Canggu, and yes it's a lovely stay with you

Right it's finally the last day of my trip. It was a pretty chill day for me, albeit a bit rushed towards the end haha, once again, it's time management issue hah. Anyway I didn't have any plans for today except for: trying Kynd Community (a vegan cafe), buying stuff back. That's it! So I started my morning quite late at about 9 AM. I took a Grab to Kynd at Seminyak. It was also an interesting Grab experience as it's an electric motorcycle! Super quiet and it was a nice ride on a Sunday morning.


The infamous pink wall at Kynd!

I had my breakfast at Kynd, and yes all the food look so good. I was spoilt for choice haha. But I ended up choosing something simple - their tofu benedict with bacon tempeh! The bacon tempeh was really good. And as usual, I washed it all off with chai haha. I finished breakfast at about 11 I think and booked a Grab car to Denpasar. To go to Titiles, which is a famous shop selling pork products heh.


When you're a vegetarian but you're also a filial son and brother
who buys pork ham for your parents and siblings

They're famous for their pork ham, which is something my family always get when we go to Bali or when someone goes to Bali. I know I'm a vegetarian but I'm also a filial son and brother. Of course I have to get them haha. Oh also I was told by my sister not to get shocked if I see wild animals on their shop. And lo and behold, why is there a cute deer chilling at the entrance of the shop hahaha.

I finished my ham shopping at 12, this is when I was dilemmatic. So I was wondering if I should finish all my shopping now, and go back to my hotel, pack them up inside my bag (I brought a separate bag), and leave for the airport. Or, if I should go back to my hotel now and chill out for a while before I go to this huge ass shop near the airport to buy more stuff while on the way to the airport.

The first option sounds a bit weird direction wise as it means I would have to make 2 trips. The second option sounds more feasible, and I decided to go with it. BUT. Once again I underestimated Bali's Sunday traffic haha. Okay I will tell you why on a later part of the post.


Last meal of the trip in Bali :( Biscoff cheesecake and iced chai!

So I went back to my hotel from Denpasar. The ride took about 45 minutes I think. I arrived back at the hotel at 1 PM, and decided to kill time at Manggis again with a slice of their biscoff cheesecake and, you guessed it, chai. I went back to my hotel and booked a Grab Driver. Basically you book a driver by the hour (minimum 3 hours I think) and you can go anywhere within this limited time. I found a driver at 2:30 PM. He's a lovely driver and we talk along the way.

I asked him if it's enough time (I have to be at the airport by 4 PM) to shop and stuff and he said it should be fine. Well it was fine, I reached that shopping place at about 3 PM but... I forgot it's a Sunday and everyone was flying back. So the shop was kinda full. Thankfully I know what I wanted to get (no shopping heh, I just grabbed what I needed). And also thankfully they have a cardboard packing option! And they even have a delivery option! But I was running out of time, so I just packed them up.

Time check it was 3:30 PM, I still have one shop to go as the thing I was looking for wasn't sold here. But thankfully the shop is like right before the airport so we went there again. And lo and behold, another queue! HAHAHA. But anyway I managed to reach the airport at 4 PM. And I took Lion air this time, and uh huh, all of their counters were snaking long. My goodness hahaha. In a stroke of "luck" however, my flight got delayed. But whew, I was rushing my ass off in that afternoon.

Which brings me to my previous point, I should have chosen the first option. I think I could have done all my shopping in the noon and went back to my hotel. At least I won't feel so rushed haha. But oh well you learn new things every travel! Alright another post for this, I wanna talk about it!

Anyway yes my flight was supposed to be at 17:30 but when I reached my gate, it was still full of people and the screen wasn't showing my flight number. My flight ended up flying at 6:30 PM I think. It was a smooth flight, and I had a great drive back home too with no jams.

That is all for my trip to Bali! It's a great trip I must say. A trip that is long awaited and I feel it's a trip I deserve. I don't wanna sound mystical and spiritual but somehow the universe "pushes" me to go for this trip heh. From the sudden change of date, to the ease of ticket and hotel search (mind you it was a long weekend!) a week before the trip, and the wonderful weather and more. I came with the goal of just relaxing and taking a break. And at the end of this trip, that's what I felt.

Well I'm not gonna miss you Bali. For I think we'll see each other more often, hopefully!

More posts coming sooooon.

No comments: