Sunday 25 December 2011

Merry Christmas 2011! :D

Merry Christmas people! :)

First of all wishing everyone out there a Merry Christmas 2011! May the warmth and joy of this festive day brings happiness and hope to everyone! :D Okay not sure to call it warmth cause it's pretty cold here (and those in Singapore, as seen from your tweets)! But nevertheless, in the Christmas spirit, we feel warmth spread by the joy that people emanates. I guess that's the thing about Christmas. Well it may celebrated mostly by the Christians and Catholics but... Everyone loves this day. Even me, a Buddhist, loves this day too.

I don't celebrate Christmas but well yup, there's just something special and magical about this day that I really enjoy. I guess the Christmas spirit is really here :)

Today was a normal day I guess, just went out with my mum for grocery shopping. It's been raining here for almost the entire day. So it's so pretty cold now. When the wind blows, it's just like... Brrrrr. When people have white Christmas, we have cold Christmas here! And white too - cause the sky was just plain white. All the clouds above us, sending us its mighty rain.

So as a result, being in a cold weather, being surrounded with the rain, being a Sunday, I really don't feel like doing anything -.- but hmm I gotta touch on my homework again! Still 2/5 done, 3/5 is not something small yeah. Not sure how to make myself feel focussed to do it. Sometimes I just lose the drive to complete them, even though I told myself I'll finish this by ____. Well.... Well... Yeah. Well.

I guess I just hate doing homework in end of year holidays. I don't have the mood to do everything. I guess it's the fact that it's the year end, and that we don't want to do things but enjoy ourselves as we watch the year coming to a close. Or it's just the fact that it's holiday. But hey in June I was working my ass of during holiday cause actually there's exams after that so... Oh well.

Well to me, Christmas, as much as a festive day it can be, it can also be something sad for me. I'm not sure why but to me Christmas is a reminder for me that the year is coming to an end. As it falls on the 25th of December, it's just a reminder for me that I have 6 days left to the year. At times I feel... Sad. At times I feel excited of the new year. Well, what's there to be sad about leaving a year, if you think logically.

I guess 2011 has been a great year for me. In so many ways. The things that happened, the people that I've met, the things I've learnt, lots of things. So I kinda feel sad leaving this year. But as much as we human wish to stop time, we know it won't happen. I was reading my blog posts just now. From now back till January 2011. I smiled, I frowned, I think of the things that happened. But at the end of the day, it makes me smile.

It kinda sucks being a sentimental person. Feels like you can't leave the past away, the past behind. Not like those dramatic people where  "OMG I can't live without my past T_T" and tears start rolling down etc. But more of that I cherish the past. To me memories are essential parts of my life. Without them, I wouldn't be who I am now. True much?

I may sound pretty dramatic and freaky. But yeah, if you know how sentimental I can get, you'll be pretty damn shocked. But I guess there really is nothing wrong to being like that. I've met some sentimental people too. So I don't feel alone, and it's not like as if this is some sort of disorder. Maybe it's called sentimentalomegaly HAHAHA.

Alright I guess that's all for now. I need to bathe and I have to continue with my work again. I'll end this post with my favourite song! I did this months ago but I'm just sharing it again cause the song involves Christmas (if you read in between the lyrics). The lyrics are pretty awesome too. Enjoy! And Merry Christmas again!

No comments: