Friday 9 December 2011

Off climbing Mount Kinabalu!

No matter how weak we all thought we are
We never know how far we can go in life
The sky, maybe a limit
But go further

Hello all! Damn I missed the time again. Wanted to blog on "Friday" but it's Saturday now so... Oh well :P But anyway! I'm finally done with my MST and Med Micro presentation! So I had Cchem on Tuesday and Haem on Thursday. Both papers were alright I guess, despite of a couple... Careless mistake oh gosh. And today we had Med Micro presentation! Pretty intense but we pulled it off so alright! :D

But well... Not sure why but I feel really demoralised during today's class. For no reason. But after hearing what Dr Tan was telling us, I feel enlightened and inspired actually :) I like his favourite phrase: Can be done! (which he seemingly repeat quite a few times today, which is true!).

And surprise surprise, on Wednesday Frank called me to ask Candy and I to do a presentation to the parents today! We did alright, despite me rushing throught he powerpoint last night -.- it was rushy but I managed to do it. And Helmi asked if it's possible to make a photo montage for today. And well I did! Within one hour whew. It's not bad I think! :)

I used the song Go Do by Jonsi, which is my favourite song these days. The lyrics are so meaningful and kind of applicable to our case this time of climbing Mount K :) So it's awesome hehe.

I think I did alright during the presentation. So did Candy. And I hope my team mates and the parents enjoyed the video montage as well! Today's session just made me realise how much we've gone so far on this journey of ours. We've trained together, bonded together, and on Sunday we're finally going for our trip. Time flies huh!  It's like as if it was yesterday that I got selected for this trip. But hey the trip is tomorrow! :O

Well as I've shared perhaps in my previous posts. And as I've shared in today's session. I came back to the question - Why do I choose to go for this trip?

I'm sure we all know how short our lives are. Well, I wouldn't say, let say, 80 years a short one. But we only have one life, and we gotta live it! I'm practically someone who's not really active, not sporty, not physically active either. After all I'm just someone from SPSB, I enjoy photography and music. But well, I'm however, definitely, someone who love to challenge myself! I love to take challenges and to push myself to my limits.

Well I guess what's life without a little challenge and adventure right? :)

I've never climbed a mountain before. Hills... Yeah. Highland, maybe. But this would be my first time climbing a mountain. And this would also be my first time stepping my feet to a place with a elevation of more than 1200m above sea level? How freaking cool is that! I think the experience will be an awesome one Just hoping I won't get AMS - Acute mountain sickness.

Life is too short, seriously. As I said I don't want to grow up and die telling myself "Why didn't I do this? "I should have gone for...." "I regretted not.....". I'm fit and healthy now. This is my chance, this is when I can seize the opportunity to do things I might not in the future. In life, moments don't come twice. Neither do good opporunities. Well they might come twice, but you can never take back the first experience you get.

I promise myself that I want to live life to the fullest. I take this challenge, and I'll take it and finish it. As I once said again, no matter how weak we all thought we are, we never know how far we can go in life.

Alright! So I'll be staying in SP tomorrow night (since I have to catch a flight in Johor) so I won't be blogging and that's why I've decided to blog tonight. I'll be back on the 15th! Be sure to be back with lots of stories and memories to forge forever. And not to forget. Le photos~ :D

Hoping that I'll have a smooth and fun and safe journey for this trip! I'm praying for beautiful weather as well. I want to catch the sunrise in the summit with blue skies above me. And yes, we will reach the summit :)

See you all! Pray for us yeah :D

"I don't want to grow old and die, telling myself that I regretted not doing this and that"

No comments: