Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

Hello! I'm currently in Jakarta airport's Starbucks once again, just waiting for time to fly past. Wow there's like fireworks on my right, weird how it's already past NYE haha. Oh well but there's always reason to celebrate! Afterall it's...

A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013!!!

Can't believe 2012 is over. And yes just like those jokes saying, it's gonna be odd and weird for us to start writing 2013 instead of 2012. In fact I've been typing and writing my year wrongly here and there. In my blog, in my status, tweet etc. Oh well! Will get used to it no worries. If I got used to it in 2012 I'm sure I will too, this year right?

And yes, I'm going back to Singapore! Seriously, can't believe that my holiday is over. This holiday doesn't feel like a holiday at all. It should be longer! [And that's what everyone says (I suppose) on the last day of a holiday, a long one]. But well as I say time is time, whatever needs to come, will come, will go pass, will be over, just like the year.

It'll be my last term starting from tomorrow. Whew, 5.5 semesters gone, when the first day felt like, okay not yesterday but perhaps last year. The memories of year one play freely in my mind like a video tape. I know back in June I wrote that soon these days will turn into a memory. And I want these memories to be good memories.

So part of me wish the holiday was longer, and that I don't want to go back to school yet haha. But another bigger part of me wants to go back to school, enjoy it to the fullest because I know once everything is over, I'll miss school more than ever. So by living my SP life to the fullest in these last three months, I know the memories I have will be a good one.

Contemplation of Impermanence!

I've yet to set my new year resolutions... And to cancel out the resolutions of 2012. Perhaps to carry forward those unfulfilled resolutions which I didn't manage to accomplish (quite a lot actually). Well I might be a fool for thinking this way but. I don't know why I feel that 2013 is going to be a great year :) Just have this feeling in the last few days of 2012, and also when I woke up this morning! I don't know, though I don't have a POWERFUL 6th sense haha.

Well like this morning I woke up with the morning sky greeting me with blue sky and puffy clouds. Then along the way the sky was lovely too, though when I reached the end of Jakarta it was so cloudy and dark and it started raining. Maybe the sky was sad because I'm leaving - it's sharing my share of sadness that school is starting :P

2013, be it a great year, a not-so-great one. And 2012 be it a not-so-good year, or a great year. We can't escape with the fact that this is a new year and this is a new journey starting for all of us. And to every journey there is a beginning, and there is an ending. With every beginning, there's a feel of uncertainty, optimism, anticipation and hope. It's more of which one do you feel? Which one more do you have and DO YOU TRY to make.

When you begin this year feeling scared of the year then sure you will carry fear throughout the journey. So change your mind, and well just change this fear to hope and anticipation. After all life is a journey of ups and downs. I always remember the lyric from the song "Mausam" by Nitin Sawhney which is translated to "Happiness and sadness are two paths in life. But if you only walk in one, it's not a really wise choice" or something like that.

Same, the year may be filled with ups and downs. But life is fair, and we won't be walking only on the ups or downs path. We'll walk in both, enjoy the view around us. And just like how I summed up 2012, that everything happened for a reason. So yeah, just live your life to the fullest. That's a must. It's like my "daily" resolution. Not even a yearly resolution hah.

Okay I guess I should get going soon. I'll see you in Singapore! Here's to an awesome last term of my SP life! I'm going to make it beautiful, wonderful and memorable. Just like how I always promise myself. May the flight and everything else for the next few days be smooth. See you! And happy new year everyone, here's to a great year ahead, a greater year :)

No comments: