Monday 31 December 2012

Bye 2012

Well, can't believe I've finally reached this post, in this date. 31st December 2012, last day of this year. This... Journey-ful year. Though somehow I can still remember the 1st of January when I first posted here for this year. It's sad though that I'm returning to Singapore tomorrow. Usually it's the second but well, time is time like I always said.

Honestly speaking mehh I feel lazy to talk about December cause it's what practically I've been blogging for the past 4 weeks! Haha. But well anyway here it is I suppose. Just a short recap, in this really going-really-fast month. Not talking about year even. December was a great month! Really. Though I wish my holiday could be longer -_-

[] December []


December flew by really quickly. I began this awesome month with accomplishing my first half marathon, which was really awesome! And then concluding my FYP journey with my presentation a day after that. It was whew. But I was just glad it's all over. After that I headed back to Indonesia, for a good break we all deserve after 7 months of ITP/FYP. I had a good break, though I feel my break wasn't long enough urgh. But well! There's a long one coming haha.

Then as I went back, there was my brother's wedding ceremony, and also wedding reception. These two event made me feel happy and proud of my brother and sis-in-law. Though at the same time I feel sad for thinking the sweet memories we both had when we were still in Singapore. Now he's a married man! Time flies yeah.

What can I say, but December was a great month to end this year. Like every other year, I had a great time spending the last few minutes, hours of this year with my cousin. So it was great. I hope this can continue till when we grow old. But I'm sure things will change too, as we will all have our own resposibilities, you know what I mean.

Oh well, farewell 2012! You've been one heck of a journey :)

[][][][][] 2012 [][][][][]


Above are little random moments of 2012 in photo (via Instagram! :P). I would say it's pointless to recap again the moments of this year, cause I've done it for the past 12 days. I'm just going to write my feelings and thoughts for this year of a roller coaster ride. This year of a journey that I've embarked, Quite a tough one. Though I'm glad I made through it.

2012 wasn't a great year, nor was it a bad year. It was really an -okay- year, though it's leaning towards the not-okay side. If I were to mark 2012, I would give it a 6/10, or max 6.5 haha. So yeah, really moderate year. But well, thank you for everyone who have given me sweet memories this year, which made my year sweet. And to those people who didn't really give me sweet memories, thank you for making me a stronger, and more patient person. Hah.

I always remember the story of the monk my uncle always told me. So to the up moments of 2012, I'm grateful cause my year has been made more sweeter with these memories. And the down moments, I take them as lessons, and I become a stronger person through these moments, these experiences. And as the Buddhist teaching of Anicca, the contemplation of impermanence, these moments are over. So I should no longer dwell in them.


And 2012 wouldn't be a good year, and would be so different if I didn't participate in these races above. I'm really proud of myself to have accomplished 6 races this year. Me, who didn't really enjoy running two years ago, has made running a hobby or even maybe a passion. Marathons to me are lessons. They taught me to be stronger in life, to always challenge myself further and not to give up. Don't take marathons simply as runs. They are more than that.

And always remember - all these begin with a wish to try.


If 2011 was an adventure, then 2012 was a journey. A year, where I feel like I've been put in a journey like the one in "Life of Pi". Feels like I'm being put in an ocean, in a wooden boat floating aimlessly to nowhere. I went through storms, I viewed some great sunrise, I enjoyed some quiet, still moments on the sea, I contemplated when seeing sunsets, sometimes I received drizzles and so on. But eventually, I've reached a paradise island. 

And I stepped on that island, stronger, better and happier than who I was when I stepped into my boat. And I'm ready to embark on another journey.

This year, the faith I have in myself was put to test. That's why I initiated project 12 words on the last 12 weeks of FYP. It was really a year where I need to be stronger, where I need to believe in myself REALLY a lot. Because of so much uncertainties and so much "not-so-great" moments, the only wish I had every night before I sleep was for tomorrow to become better.

I always tell myself that, I always believe that only I have the power to change the situation I'm in. To have the power to make my days better, to make everything great and better. To see the rainbow I have to brave the rain, to avoid the storms I have to adjust my sails, to regain happiness, I have to contemplate myself once more.

All these, in this year.

Oh well, 2012, here I am wishing farewell to you. You're now nowhere but int he abyss of my memories, in the pages of my mind. Whatever happened, happened and whatever will happen in 2013, will happen. The only thing we can do, and we should do, is to live the moment. I wish to have a better, brighter and smoother 2013. 2012 was okay, I want my 2013 to be FABULOUS then! And remember, only I have the power to make this a come true.

So long 2012, hello 2013!

No comments: