Saturday 22 December 2012

Winter Solstice

Sunset today :)

Yup, the 22nd of December, in Chinese Calendar is... Winter solstice! So as tradition I have to eat tang yuans, or glutinous rice balls. And I have to eat according to my age +1. So now I'm 20, so I had to eat 21! Well they're all in my stomach now. I hope these 21 tang yuans will bring me prosperity and luck till the next winter solstice. AKA throughout next year :)

Don't know why but wasn't in a good mood today. I don't know why either but maybe it's the time of the month, or just the hormones and like I always said, just life. But well, let's not talk about today, this rainy Saturday in my hometown. But well I'm happy that at least I managed to capture a beautiful sunset today! Though it was cloudy, the day ended with PURPLE SKY. How beautiful ya? Syaz if you're reading this, wish you were here in my hometown cause you love purple skies! ^^

 Purple sky! Oh the love

Alright, lets just go straight to April! The month where anticipation began, and... Nevermind.

[] April []

April was... Really speeding in the first half. Cause that's when I was in the US (Chicago!) and my hometown. Then the other half, 16th of April I can still remember, was the start of my internship. So yeah just like March it's a half-half month kinda thing. But well I love the first half! Haha. I really love Chicago, the windy city. It's really windy haha.

 Chicago - 04/2012
Le vertical photos

So I can still remember I went back from New York to Chicago on 31st March and landed on 1st April at night (12.30 AM I think). So yup then I spent the rest of my US trip in Chicago. For only till the 6th when we started heading back to Indonesia. The remaining days I spent in Chicago was really lovely. So in some days me and my aunt's friend (who went with us) decided to split ways. So like I would go here (e.g museum) and he'll go there.

Le horizontal photos
I LOVE Millenium Park

So I spent some of the days walking and roaming around the city alone. And it was really good! Love the city's simple outlay so that I can go here and there myself. Love the vibe, the skyscrappers. And it was really, literally, the windy city. Though it was spring temperature can reach a low 10! But all's good. My all-time favourtie place in this city is the Millennium Park! Which you can see that huge metallic structure in the picture shown hehe.

Then I went back to Indo, spent a week there and then, back to reality. Back to something I was excited and anticipating about - Internship. Part of me was really woo gosh yeah bring it on guy. Another part of me was errm okay I can do this yeah huh? What will I do? Oh no guy. I can still remember waiting for Vithya below T11A at 830 just so that I we can meet first and talk after such a long time. Then head up to the companies we are assigned to.

The first week of ITP was - horrible. One was because I wasn't accustomed to working life. I'm still in the "student" gear. Two, I was feeling terribly homesick. Three, I wasn't told by anyone that I have a project with Dr Simon Tan when everyone else had one. So it was scary! Haha. Then on the Thursday of the second week, Dr Simon Tan told me I'm working with him on a project, and I went THANK YOU SO MUCH haha. Like as if he was an angel sent from the heavens that brought me the lights of heaven. Okay dramatic much, but I was really happy!

Ahh, to think that all these happened back 8 months ago... I'm just happy that I "survived" through it. I just now foolishly smile looking back at those days. April was a month of anticipation. A month where I was embarking on a journey, that was filled with uncertainties. Deep in myself I know I have to be brave and go through this storm. Just like Coldplay says from their song "The Scientist"...

"Nobody said it was easy. No one ever said it would be this hard"

2 comments:

purpleskies said...

haha i've just read ur posts today! nice pic btw :D see ya soon in school!

Adhi said...

Haha thanks Syaz! I have more purple skies photo lol. See ya in school! :)