Sunday 16 December 2012

The World

 Mt Gede on a cloudy Sunday, today.

Right so just as I've expected I didn't write yesterday! I went to Jakarta to catch The Hobbits and it was one hell of an awesome movie!!! Can't wait for the 2nd part and this time round I really want to read the book. I hope I can and will finish before the second part arrives haha. It was really a great movie, in terms of storyline, visuals, songs and action. Love the humour too! Thankfully I've watched LOTR over and over so I understood the movie so much better.

Well the Jakarta trip was alright I guess. I didn't get much stuff there, anyway my main objective was to watch The Hobbits! Haha. Would love to watch Life of Pi but I didn't get the chance to so yeah. Met my aunt again and OMG her dog just got a haircut and he's like bald now haha. With fur still, but just so cute and different! :P

As for today it was an okay Sunday I guess. The weather was so fine and fair in the noon and I thought we're going to have quite a good weather but apparently... Not. It started raining in the afternoon and then the rest of the day just turned cloudy hah. But hey at least I managed to get a cool photo of Mt Gede, which is the mountain near my hometown!

And I really hope these "fine weather" is a sign of more good weather to come :)

Okay so back to holiday write-up! May this week be a fabulous week for all of us :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adhi's 2012 year end blog challenge #4 -Great moments of 2012

Well I must say... 2012 wasn't exactly a great year for me. Compared to the previous 2011, which was fun, full of adventure and just great. But well as I always believe, everything happens for a reason. Whatever happened, happened anyway. So though 2012 is not a great year, there's always another side to the year that I'm grateful and thankful for. I suppose, in this post, let's just bury the bitterness and show how awesome this year has been.

One of the great moments of 2012 is definitely the concerts I went to. I've never really went to a pop or outdoor concert in my life. But well this year, for the first time, I did! My first ever official pop and outdoor concert was Corrinne May Live in Singapore back in June! Oh it was so good to see her live, hear her live. She's really one awesome singer! :) 

And not to forget, Sigur Ros of course! Which just happened like almost a month ago. My life's to-do list is ticked, to watch them live. To see Jonsi right in front of my eyes, and just to see them right in front of me! And oh man Hoppipolla was just AWESOME :D

Not only the concerts I went to, but the concerts I performed. From IBM XXX, which was filled with movie-licious songs, MD XXXVI which to me, I think and I feel, was the best performance I was in, ever haha. Loved all the songs there especially 1812. And not forgetting my busking performance too with Vithya and Kai (we're Taboo!) which I never expected to do so in life, but hey, we just did it! Would love to do all these again in the future when I got the chance.

Not forgetting too, the great races of 2012. I went for 6 this year. Sundown 10K, Jurong Lake Run 6K, Race Against Cancer 15K, Safra Bay Run 10K, Real Run 10K and last but not least SCMS 21K! Started running early in 2011 and well it has been a hobby. I'm glad that I was able to accomplish all of these. And it all began with a wish, and a want to try. And to get out of your comfort zone, which I began with SCMS 10K last year. 

Looking back, I've never expected myself to have finished all these races. Come to think of it I was once a guy who doesn't really like running. I dread 2.4 and I didn't even have the thought of running these 10K races etc. Didn't know at the end of this year, I managed to finish a half marathon. And of course, I would love to "complete" my journey by running a full marathon. Which I hope to do so next year. Remember, it all begins with a wish, and a want to try

And how could I forget - My US trip! Haha. Back in March-April. Gosh it's been really long. But it was one great trip. I opened my eyes to so many things - new culture, food, people and so on. It was my first time sort of exploring a city (Chicago) "alone" in some days. And it was good, to just have me times when I'm traveling :) I would really love to go to New York again in the future. This time round, no tours. Just me and a great adventure in front of me.

Right what else... I didn't have much holidays and trips this year, due to ITP/FYP. But well, I do have quite a few fun trips with my friends. To Ubin with my company, and with DBS 1.5 and also just random outings here and there. But I love the me-times I had too. With myself. In Starbucks every Sunday after going to the temple. Or last time, in Labrador Park, spending time to watch the sun set while I wrote my thoughts down. I shall have more me-times next year!

And I guess talking about the temple, this year I'm glad that I get "closer" with my religion. Though I didn't really go to the temple last time, and only started going there every Sunday this year, I'm glad. For through this I get more curious about Buddhism and I research on it more. Especially from the chantings I did in the temple. I'll continue this of course, next year :)

Arggh alright I'll think of more great moments haha. Soon, when I write my "full report" for this year haha, which I always do so. But if I forget to mention these then just refer back to this post ok! :P Alright see you tomorrow!

PS: Love this quote from The Hobbits by Gandalf!
"The world is not in your books and maps. The world is OUT THERE"

No comments: