Sunday 9 December 2012

Happy wedding for my brother

 Le siblings and le newly-wed brother and my sis-in-law!
(This is my camera screen taken with my phone)

Hello! Well yup currently I'm back in my hometown for my holiday! Sorry for not blogging yesterday as I was just too tired heh. In fact these few days I've been feelin really tired and sleepy at night, I don't know why. Anyway today was the day my brother got married with my beautiful sis-in-law! Feel so happy for the two of them :')

Anyway the day started with prayers at my grandma house. It's a tradition I guess. Then we waited for time to go by till 2:30 PM before we head for the temple. Well if in movies we see people getting married in churches, being a Buddhist of course we hold it in a temple. So yup the temple part was when they sign some documents, did some prayers and so on.

Then comes the part when my brother and sis-in-law had to bow to my parents and her parents too. This was the most touching part!! OMG both side parents cried and even my brother and sis-in-law too. Boohoo so touching I even cried T_T well I cried because of another reason. My parent probably cried because they're finally seeing one of their children getting married and thus he's like embarking a new stage in life right. Every parent would feel sad too.

Well for me is more of... Well I can't believe this brother of mine, whom 9 years ago still loved to bring me to pizza hut to eat, eat lunch before school starts, go to NTUC for grocery shopping, go Popular to get my arts and crafts stuff, bring me see doctor when I'm sick or even pon school together haha. 9 years ago we still did this together and today? He's married already!

I feel sad for thinking of how fast time is flying. All the days we used to spend together like playing soccer every Sunday at Sunset Way and all the listed things above, and now he's a married man. But of course I feel very happy for the two of them too, and I wish them all the best for this new phase in life. And well I'm turning into an uncle soon I suppose? :P

After the whole ceremony we went back home where a mini-reception was held for me dad's factory workers and my mum's shop workers too. It was fun haha. You should go and experience a Sundanese wedding. It's a whole new experience that you'll be delighted with :P All the communal dancing where people just go up and dance together.

Well it was a great start to my holiday here. And I wish for things to stay as great throughout the next three weeks that I'll be here. Well this is I must say the first time in my life where I don't really have plans for the holiday. Usually I'll list down the things I want to do and accomplish in a holiday but then I guess thanks to FYP and ITP I couldn't really come up with one.

Well but I guess the main goal/wish for this holiday for me is to just rest and relax and rejuvenate and chill. 7.5 months of ________ deserves a great rest and chilling holiday for me. I'll think of the things I want to do. But my main priority is to just chill haha. And also as I would have imagined it to be, December will be a month of reminiscent. One list of things for me to do is to flip back through the pages of my diary and just spend one night reminiscing of this year.

The past few months have been quite tough, let this last month of 2012 be a beautiful end to it :)

Okay I guess that's all for today. Here's to a great and fulfilling week ahead! May my wish come true to have a great holiday this time. Cause I think we all truly deserve it.

See you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

NICE!!! NO BODY HUGGING AND TIGHT BLAZER!!!!! =P

Adhi said...

Of course! Haha. But ehh the reception I might be wearing a tighter blazer lololol