Friday 21 December 2012

The world didn't end on this winter solstice

 I miss this city
New York

Yup! So here I am proudly announcing that THE WORLD DIDN'T END. Like I mean, as I said previously, duh, it won't. Anyway yes it's a rainy and busy day today in my hometown. I think it's cause people are having long weekends (Tomorrow till Tuesday due to Christmas) so there were lots of traffic going on in the road etc. Rather hectic! :P

And also today's winter solstice or as we know it. I had facial today (yes preparing for my brother's wedding reception next week!) and eeewwww I had so much dirt on my face. It's so disgustingly good haha. To take them out. And of course, winter solstice would mean tang yuans! And so we made tang yuans today in the evening. I always love making them! :)

Here's what happened during the tang-yuan making process haha.



Aren't they pretty? 2.5 hours of rolling! Haha while watching Armageddon (how apt, on this day) and yup it was a great movie of course.

Okay back to March! Lets go.

[] March []

 US trip in March

March, I must say was an "unexpected" month. It's the month by which I discovered that I am going to the US. Which I really have no plans of doing so... In my life! Never expected myself to go to US -that- soon you know, though I've always wanted to go there. And so I did! I visited a few states there, namely Chicago, New York, Washington, Maryland, Boston, and Connecticut. It was truly a great experience. I love traveling, especially to countries I've never been before.

Great scenery from my hometown in March

All in all, I spent half of March in my hometown and the other half in the US. There were a few beautiful sunsets I captured in my hometown during March. It was a great month I guess. After a hellish year 2 I get to go back to rejuvenate and so on. I started doing the blog challenges and journalling prompts haha. And was also the month I get my results for the 4th Sem! And I'm very happy with the results, I think my hard work and sacrifices have been paid off.

Well, March was sweet I suppose. I get to fulfill some of my life-long dreams like visiting New York. I really love that city. It has such an awesome vibe and just loving the energy! The US has opened my eyes to many things. New experiences, stories written in my book of memories. I still have half of April in US too, which I'll cover tomorrow night :P

My wish is to visit the US again. But this time round I wanna ditch the tours and so on. I just want to go there and bask myself in the country, and the city. And the people too. Because truly, the US trip has taught me independence traveling. I think I can manage that in the future. I miss New York! I will visit you once again, I promise hah.

No comments: