Friday 28 December 2012

Tempus Fugit

 Soon we'll say goodbye

Tempus Fugit is Latin for "time flees" or also commonly used in English as time flies. Which is a nice phrase to be used in this time of the year. 3 more days! To the end of 2012 and then the new year. It's kinda ironic though, how a few months ago (actually up till now) I can't wait for 2012 to be over. And well it's ending now, and... I've nothing to say.

I guess every year it's the same. I mean there's always this sense of anticipation and enthusiasm about the upcoming year. Like what's gonna happen in the new year? How will it be? Even in 2011, as much as I loved that year, I still couldn't wait for 2012 to come cause I'm rather optimistic and interested to know what's gonna come.

Not knowing that well, 2011 was better than 2012 haha.

Anyho, today I roasted the chicken round two! Now with garlic, lemon and I spread butter on the skin of the chicken and it crisped up nicely! Yay. My brother came back last night with my sis-in-law and yup, it's 2 more days!! Haha. They must both be excited and nervous. I hope it will be an awesome and smooth riding day for all of us! :)

Random times of the day, I would think and reminisce back of this year. And to also remind myself of next year. Maybe, perhaps, 2013 is really the year which I wish would never come. But it will come, it will and no one can stop it from coming.

Aaaaaaanyway, let's go back to October. Two months back! Wheeeeee

[] October []

Before October starts, I told myself that the next two months will fly by rather quickly. I think indeed it did. October was really an okay month for me. I was starting on my report, finishing up my experiments, redoing some cause I don't like the results. It was just a month, that happened. But happened good. If you know what I mean?

Photos from two months ago

October began with my first, and last section comp which we won 3rd! It was I suppose, a sweet parting gift for me and band? Hehe. It was a great experience though, and I love the song of our choice (Cappricio for clarinet octet, or we call i cappucino haha). I guess the practices we went through had paid off. Thank you Lionel for sorting out our parts etc! :)

There was Kathina at the temple, and of course the awesome me-time I had at Labrador Park! I remember, it was 19th of October and I discovered a mistake in my calculation, so I had to re-do everything (from the calculation which I tirelessly did for 3 days). So I was really stressed, I decided to go somewhere to clear my mind off. And I'm glad I did.

There was real run, my 5th and 2nd last race of the year. It was an interesting run with different terrains. Really good experience! :P And also I can still remember spending the Saturdays at Vithya's practising for our busking performance on the 31st. It was a wish of us to busk before we graduate, and eventually we did. I wanna jam again!!


Taboo!

And of course - band photoshoot for MD booklet. Was a great time shooting around the band room. But also it made me sad for I then realised more and more of how much I would miss band. And last but not least, my October ended beautifully with my band (Taboo) busking performance at FC5! Though there were a few hiccups, I enjoyed my time fully there on that spot. Knowing I have successfully accomplished one item from my before I graduate to-do list.

As Mark Twain said - 

"In twenty years time you will regret the things you didn't do than the things you did"

No comments: