Sunday 2 December 2012

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2012!

 SCMS half marathon 2012
Done!

Hello! Woots! Yeah today I went another milestone in my life! By finishing SCMS 2012 half marathon! It was really a crazy experience, but at the same time I fully enjoyed my run, it was fun and happy! Didn't know I can accomplish this feat too. 21 KM seems like a very long distance. But I am happy that I managed to go through it :) Another 2012 resolution done!

This was my longest-race so far. My record was 15K for Run Against Cancer. Things were different I guess, cause I took gels this time round. And it really helped. Love the route too though, first was Sentosa, then West Coast Highway, then our way to the city! I love the USS route, energy was high there with everyone cheering for us. It was really lovely :)

There were a few slopes and they're not pleasant haha. But I was enjoying my run on the highway, it was nice. I really love the route! It's so scenic and nice. When I signed up for this, I just told myself lets just run, have fun and do your best. I loaded my iPod with all my favourite music. I was just running and listening to my songs and forget about life in that 2 hours or so. It was a really a nice feeling to just forget about everything and run with music.

Though my body felt like they're breaking apart, I just pushed on and on. Kinda proud of myself that I didn't stop for 12 KM. As I've suspected, the 10-18 KM was really tough. It's really a mental game, no longer how much your body can push but how much your mind can push you along. So I tried my best and just push myself. But I walked quite a lot. Oh well.

When I first joined Standchart for 10KM last year, I thought people who run 21 or 42 are crazy. So well I guess now I can call myself crazy. Well 21 KM was crazy, crazily good! And with the fact that tomorrow is my FYP presentation, I guess I've put myself in the epitome of crazy. But hey, I only live once, and I told myself I will run, and so I ran.

I love running. I've been running for about 1.5 years now. And I guess the more you run, the more you think of running not as a sport, but more of something you just enjoy and love doing. Somehow I no longer think of how fast I ran, how fast other people ran, what people think of me, what I think of others. Somehow the more you run, you realise that it's just you and your run.

Feels like everything melts away. How other people think of you. How other runners think of you. Whether you'll make it or not and so on. It's just you really. And I like to keep it this way. I just want to enjoy running. I guess... I sometimes feel that people take running too seriously. Well don't forget to have fun too people! :) Too much of a good thing is not good heh.

Anyway look at what I posted on the back of my singlet this time!

Weeeeee :D


My favourite quote while running haha. I hope this made other runners who saw it happy. Felt good to have people giving me thumb's ups as they ran past me. Or to those who tapped my shoulder and told me "You keep going too!". Funny there was this man who talked to me "I saw your message at the back. Good job keep going!" and I couldn't hear him properly, and was tired so all I said was "Har?" HAHAHA. But he repeated and I just said thank you :)

I wish more people can do this. I think it's good to make other people feel happy when they're going through some tough period! And I think nothing beats the joy of making others happy too. It's really what goes around, comes around thing.

Alright so here am I writing as a finisher of a half marathon. First in my life. And well I suppose, who I am now is different from who I was 16 hours ago - before I start on my race. I finished and I'm not a stronger person, someone who has broken his boundary, and someone who has proven himself wrong. And I can't wait to push my boundary again! :)

Okay back to presentation practices. Been practising the whole day. May tomorrow's presentation run smooth for me and everyone else! And may Tuesday be a great day to those who present as well. We can do this people! It's very very near the end. Let's go! Just give your best shot once more! Last hurdle to jump and lets jump beautifully (Y)

2 comments:

purpleskies said...

haha is your life motto YOLO now? :)

it's awesome that u ran 21k!

Adhi said...

Haha yeah~ More for like motto for this year :P Just in case the world really ends :P Thanks Syaz!