Friday 30 November 2012

End of ITP!

Right... Once again I cheated for writing at 1:15 AM haha. Who cares! Was caught by a movie just now.

I mean dude,

IT'S THE END OF ITP! HAHAHA

And

I SUBMITTED MY FYP REPORT TODAY!

I'm sure I deserve some rests right... I mean after 7.5 months of ITP, and worst, one week of sleepless nights and worries and what not. So I deserve some rest! Was just so tired, when I reached home I lie on my bed and just nua... Didn't realise I fell asleep until 9. Come to think of it I slept at like 4 last night and woke up at 8 today. So yeah... I totally deserve some rest.

But yeah whew today was such... It felt like a dream really. Can't believe I sent my report 25 minutes before submission deadline time. And even throughout the whole day I was still doing my report. Finishing up my references etc in the morning. And then in the afternoon I was CHANGING my conclusion and discussion and so on. Die. But hey I did it!

As I clicked that send button, it felt like this wind just blew me off. Phheewwww kind of thing. Somehow... This past 7.5 months felt like as if I've been running marathon throughout these months. When I reached home, I don't know what to feel and how to feel anymore. Everything felt so surreal and it just disappears like the hot thin air that got blown away by the autumn's breeze.

I must say the past 7 months wasn't an easy one for me. Not only that I'm soloing this FYP but I have to also go through this with internship. At times both of them don't make a good mix. But I have to live through it I suppose? Looking back I don't know how I managed to do it... It felt so real and wow kind of thing. But overall, it was an interestingly intriguing and challenging experience I wouldn't forget.

Well the past 7 months was tough because this is the first time in my study in Singapore that I'm in Singapore without my sister. Felt really lonely at times. When I reached home there was no one to talk to... I had to call her to have a chat with and so on. Sometimes when things went felt really tough, I just felt so.. I don't know. Seriously this is the first time in my life that I had so much nights I would feel so depressed and sad about. I'm not someone who's like this usually.

But I guess life is life and I have to live through it. I could still remember those days when I would listen to Buddhist chantings (yes!) every night just to calm myself down cause I was feeling really horrible. I would sit outside and stare at the sky after work just to chill. And before band, how much I love to sit outside FC5 to clear my mind.

How in every morning the first thing I would tell myself is that today will be a great day. How I posted postcards beside my bed saying "Tomorrow will be fabulous" and "Today will be a beautiful day" just to read and remind myself before I sleep and when I wake up respectively. How I would complain to Vithya asking her when this will end. Ranting to Ciara over coffee breaks and to Ashley, Yiyin and Jess whenever we talk together. Those days...

I'm currently listening to songs which I used to listen to back in June. 2nd month of my internship. Memories floods me now. Those morning rides to work... Looking outside the window imagining how my last day would be. How I would stare at the calendar in the office... Imagining the events that would happen in the next coming days/weeks. Oh man I really am getting sentimental now. Can't believe it's over now. These days....

Of course, the experience has been good. Honestly speaking I'm glad that I was given different jobs during internship to experience different fields of work, apart from my project. And the people in my company, Histoindex, who are fun-loving, dedicated and are really nice! The K-session we went together, Ubin, lunches at different places and also the latest addition, the night @ Switch last week! Man these memories are just nice.

But I have to also thank another group of people. They are my friends who keep me company throughout the 7 months. The people who like me, interned in school. Vithya, Yiyin, Jesslyn, Ashley, Huiwen, Chjia How and Darren. Thanks for the talks we had hehe. Candy and Kai who occasionally came too for lunch and experiments. And not forgetting the staffs like Jing Wan, Cai Hong and Bellinda!

But two special  people deserve special mention... First is Dr Simon Tan for being a wonderful LO and teacher. He always motivates and encourages me (and us) throughout these 7 months. Couldn't imagine if I were to get another LO apart from him. He's really our "weatherman" who well though he may give us thunderstorms, whatever weather he gave us, he promised a rainbow and sunny day after it. And to me he's an angel in disguise. Whenever he asked me to redo stuff. There's always something BETTER at the end of it. Thank you so much Dr Tan! :)

And last but not least is Ciara! She's another angel in disguise I must say. I was so afraid and unsure on how I would go through this internship for 7 months alone (since I'm the only one posted to my company). Then came the news from Dr Tan on how an intern from Ireland is coming to do her internship too. And I was like... Yay! But I really don't know how this intern would be like.... How is she like... And well, as days go by....

Ciara is just an awesome lab partner, coffee buddy, rant partner, lunch partner (only a few times). SHG scanning partner, singing partner and so much more! Oh man I really can't imagine how I would survive the 7 months without her in the company. Imagine doing scanning alone. Staining tissues alone. DOING IHC ALONE (I think waiting for 30 mins incubation is bleargh). So I really feel that she's an angel in disguise. You know those people who make your life wonderful, without you knowing that they would come to your life :) So Ciara, thank you for that.

Whew, finally comes this day when I wouldn't have to worry about work. Well I still have one more hurdle to go for FYP (presentation). so I can't say I can't worry about it anymore. But hey, not saying this in a "slacking" manner, but I ain't gonna worry about presentation. No point I see in doing that. I'll just practice, and practice, and practice. And give my best shot on Monday. Rather than wasting time and emotions worrying about it.

Okay finally some sleep tonight! See ya again soon. OMG this Sunday will be my first half marathon in my life! Good luck to me... Wooo!

As the saying goes, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.


2 comments:

purpleskies said...

hi adhi! yeah itp/fyp was a good experience and i cldnt believe it's now over. all the best preparing for presentation and enjoy your wkend! :D

Adhi said...

Thanks Syaz! Yup had a great weekend, so nervous now!! :O