Friday 23 November 2012

Sigur Ros Live Singapore!

 Takk Sigur Ros!

I'm cheating now. It's 12:51 AM but who cares, 23/11/2012 has gotta be one of the best days in my life. Cause I finally get to watch Sigur Ros Live with my own freaking eyes, listen to them with my own freaking ears and just right in front of me! No longer separated by a screen or a wire. So yes it was truly a wonderful and enchanting night. It felt so ethereal and everything was like a dream. It's so wonderful! Words can't describe it really.

Okay I won't go into details but well, I met Joel (thank God he can make it!) in Funan first for dinner and then we walked over to Fort Canning. I don't know why, we reached there at 7.30 and had to wait for 1.5 hours for the concert to start. Well whatever it is, when the band came on stage, goosebumps came through me. It was just an amazing feeling.

ESPECIALLY WHEN I SAW JONSI!

Oh man it was beautiful. I must say the highlight of the concert is none other than Hoppipolla. My favourite song from the band! So you can say, I've been waiting for 3 years for this moment of listening to this song live. It was just amazing... And then they played Meo Blodnasir as usual after that, and the crowded started singing the choral part! So beautiful!

And last song. Popplagio. Just effing awesome. Okay so after they played the last song (their new song which is awesome too!), it started drizzling. They played Ekki Muk (I think) for their encore and it started drizzling. Then they played Popplagio and the rain got heavier. And people started opening their umbrellas. And then well Popplagio has a progression where the drums get louder, faster and the rhythms more complex and just... Crazy.

And the rain got heavier as the song gets crazier too! I was like screw it, I took off my umbrella and just lost myself in the music. It was just great. Everyone was dancing, clapping our hands and dubbing outselves to the beat. Just wonderful experience. It's like getting high without alcohol or drugs. Just purely by music! So nice...

I will not forget tonight. So beautiful...

And here's to (to me) the greatest band on earth.

Thank you for making my life more beautiful
You've changed my perception of music and life
Your music has inspired me where no music has inspired me before
Thank you
Takk

No comments: