Thursday 13 December 2012

Growing Up

 Can't believe all these happened 366 days ago

Today was just another ordinary Thursday I suppose! Oh well it's December now and once again it's the monsoon season. It's been raining everyday here in my hometown. I wish there would be a day where blue skies would just appear out of the blue and where I can snap away the scenes happily with my camera. But chances are slim, but well, there's always hope, and hope is important.

Anyho, exactly 366 days ago I was at Mount Kinabalu! Just finished summiting the mountain, via-ferrata and having awesome lunch with my team where Chloe tied me with my jacket when I was asleep while having lunch! Ah, those days. I'm feeling rather sentimental today, thinking back of these days in my head throughout my day. Oh well I'm a cancer boy, and we are very sentimental people.

 Feeling like on top of the clouds
[Thanks Firman for helping me take this shot!]

To think of 366 days ago I just summited  Southeast Asia's highest peak, done via-ferrata and so on, I'm just... Feeling proud of us, and also of my achievement. I think Mt K trip is so far the biggest achievement in my life in terms of adventure. Climbing a mountain was never in my agenda at this "age" but well, hey, I just proved myself wrong.

All these wouldn't happen without the help of my team too. So thank you everyone :)

Life is funny, 366 days ago I was at SEA's highest mountain, 366 days later I'm back in my room writing this, and 366 days later, where will I be, and what will I be doing within this next 366 days? For sure, one thing is that I am going to give my best to achieve my goal of exploring SEA. And also to travel as much as possible next year.

Quite a number of resolutions from this year are left unfulfilled. And I know some of these are never going to be fulfilled so well, just say "oh well" haha.

Alright as promised I'm going to list down the questions and challenges for my blog challenge thingy! So challenge one was done yesterday right!

1. Not so basic facts about me
2. Things that make you happy
3. ONE place you want to go to
4. Great moments of 2012
5. What did you eat today, do you like it?
6. Shuffle your iTunes, list down 5 songs that played. Write your thoughts?
7. List down your favourite food, where and why
8. Write a favourite quote and why
9. How has 2012 been for you?
10. Reflect on 2012, and what do you hope in 2013

I'll come up with ten first... I hope I can adhere to the questions! Well if not I will just think of more random questions to write about (teehee). By the way I must credit some of these from Kikki.K's journalling prompts! I like to do them on my diary (from Kikki.k of course!).

Okay moving on to challenge 2. Adios!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adhi's 2012 year end blog challenge #2 -Things that make you happy

Well I've always believed that happiness comes from within, and less from the external things that we encounter with. You may say an expensive food makes you happy. But actually come to think of it, the food doesn't make you happy. Maybe because it tastes so good, the company of your friends while eating it, the presentation of the food etc - they are the ones that make you happy. So what makes you happy is what you feel about that thing. Not that thing itself.

 Tea makes me happy!

A few things make me happy. One is a good cup of tea. I enjoy drinking tea. I think they're lovely, I love drinking tea almost every night. And yes I really enjoy good quality tea. Though most of the time I'm lazy and I'll just brew tea from the tea bags. But the good stuff is those brewed-tea leaves. But yes I love drinking tea. Sipping it slowly as life goes by in front of me. I think it's simple, it's nice. And that's the beauty of drinking tea itself.

Fooooooood
Food makes me happy too. Which I guess explains my body size. Of course I'm not someone who goes on a binge spree and eat whatever I want whenever I want. Relatively, food makes me happy. Especially food from my home. Ooh they're so good, and they're the food that I grow up with so I like it. Food is just something that brings people together - another thing I like!

Labrador Park

I love nature. Being away from the hustle and bustle of the city brings me joy. To just enjoy the serenity of the scenes around me, and also to just bask in the lovely breeze of nature as life goes by. I love being at the beach. It's my favourite "natural" place if you compare it with like mountains or etc. Well I love them all, just that I love beaches. And oh - I love it when I'm alone in these places too.

Music makes me happy.

And how can I forget music? Music is lovely, music is nice. Especially when it soothes your life like a gentle breeze in autumn. In fact every day I need a time where I can just listen to music. Be it on the bus on the way home, before I sleep, while blogging and so on. I love some me-time with music and well I really can't live without music. Some music are just instant endorphins.

Me time is always a good time

There are lots of things that make me happy and listing them down would take ages. I know this sounds weird but alright last but not least loneliness makes me happy. I guess I'm pretty much a weird guy. I love being alone. To an extent there are times where I would REALLY love to be alone when I'm in a crowd. And you may read some of my posts but yeah I love to go to random places alone and just sit there like a retard and watch life goes by.

Like I always say, loneliness gives me happiness.

Okay that's all from me! Ciao ciao, hope I can adhere with the blog challenge haha.

No comments: