Sunday 27 January 2013

Laneway Festival Singapore 2013!

Laneway Festival Singapore 2013!

Hello earthlings it's been a while since I blogged! Oh well. Anyway yesterday was such an awesome awesome awesome day! Cause I went to Laneway Festival Singapore 2013! With Lizzie, her sister and her sis' friend Sam! PS: Thanks for helping me get the ticket at the bundle price too hehe. I wanted to go alone really (since I didn't know anyone coming) but yeah thanks a lot anyway, my Laneway was less lonely I suppose! :)

Liz sister, Sam and Liz!
PS: Liz and her sister REALLY look like each other!

The festival, being my first music festival ever (should have gone for 2012 one!), it was such a blast! Both the music and the artists and the shows! 4 of my favourite artists were there. Kings of Convenience, Of Monsters And Men (OMAM), Kimbra and Gotye. I've never really heard of the other bands, but after hearing them yesterday I'm falling in love with them! Real Estate was awesome, Alt J and Bat for Lashes! The rest was fantastic too!

KoC! Erlend and Eirik rocking the stage!
Minus the cameraman meooowww

KOC was nice too, though I only caught them for their last two songs (which nevertheless were my favourite songs!), it was so nice to see Erlend dancing around haha. I love his quirky and hip character! And to end their set with "I'd rather dance with you" is such a perfect song. I was dancing to the beat. So nice! I hope I can catch their concert one day :)

 Of Monsters And Men!
Life's to-do-list: watch them live
TICKED

I was really looking forward to OMAM performance cause they're my favourite band after all heh. It was such a goooooood time! I went in front with Lizzie to the crowd and it was such a wonderful time dancing and singing to their songs! I love everything, especially Little Talks cause .... @#$@#$$% I can't describe it in words. Just pure awesomeness! Just arggghhhh, so good! I took a video of Little Talks, so that I can immortalise the moment! Fyeah!

Nanna and Raggi singing it out

Well it was just blissful to go up and have fun, dancing and singing, losing yourself and forget the world. Forget whatever I'm worried about before I went to the festival. Forget life! And just have fun with music. Love the atmosphere really!

Such a fabulous day isn't it?

But I enjoyed watching the other singers back at the meadow too. Though it was a SCORCHING day but it was worth it no matter what. I'm burnt now but it's all good hehe. I love the ambiance of the whole festival. There's this jovial and lively feeling to it. Feels like everyone is here for one thing and that is music. And this atmosphere is just something so wonderful I can't describe. We need to have more Laneway festival! Yes! Just pure awesomeness hehe.

Kimbra rocking out!

Kimbra was a blast as well, love how she just went all out during her performance. It was nice, love her a lot! Plus her set was during the transition of day into night and so it was really wonderful in so many ways haha. Gotye was amazing as well. He's so down to earth! After most of his songs he would say "cheers" and he talked with us. And I thought he's not gonna sing "Somebody That I Used To Know" but hey, Kimbra was there to surprise us (Y).

 Gotye and his beautiful visuals

Ah well Laneway was such an amazing festival. Enjoyed myself a lot. It was 12 hours of pure eargasm from Indie Music. I really love it. If only Sigur Ros was there hahaha. I just love the energy, the ambiance and everything else about the festival. Thankfully the weather was lovely (though scorching) but it was nice! Imagine a rainy Laneway. No no no haha.

And oh when Tame Impala was playing at like 11, I was lying down on the grass patch. The night was clear and the moon and stars was shining. It was just wonderful. So blissful and really... Ahh.... It's like I just want to say "This is life" haha. And the wind was blowing quite strongly but it was nice. Feels like once again, life was slowly melting away.

That's the thing about Indie music. When people listen to what I listen (mostly) most of their response will be "What kind of song is this?!" or "You listen to this kind of songs?" or best "You have a weird taste in music". Well that's the thing! Indie music are those music that doesn't have to "make sense" (or so as what other people deem suppose to sound like) but they just SOUND GOOD! Well afterall, music, like art, is a very subjective thing.

It was just a nice thing to dance, and sing, and move to the songs played by the various artists yesterday. People may find me weird, but that's how I feel about the music. There are even people who stand up and dance to the songs. And I'm totally fine with that. Well to put it this way, imagine you're hungry and you have no food. That's how we feel if we're not allowed dance and move along to the songs we like. Ah music is music. Seriously food for the soul.

Lizzie and I! :)

 I wouldn't count myself as an Indie person. Like I listen to Indie 24/7 etc. I'm a general music lover, but I lean towards the Indie-ish side. Their melody may not make sense, their lyrics may be random things, they may be loud and crazy. But to me they are still music. I listen to a lot of genres, but well maybe you can say, Indie is the genre I wouldn't mind listening to all my life. I hope that answers the question. Aiyah, I love music! Haha

Okay that's all for today. To an awesome week ahead! Thank you Laneway for giving my January a beautiful ending. Kudos to everyone who made the event possible, the organisers, the artists, the crews and everyone else! I really hope to come back for Laneway another time. I hope this is not my first and last Laneway ever. Oh well we will see :)

No comments: