Thursday 18 April 2013

Formally bid farewell

Well like the title says, as of today, I have formally bid farewell to my student life here. How in a sense "formally"? Well because I just cancelled my student pass. So I'm no longer a student pass holder, nor a FIN owner. I'm officially... A tourist? Well ICA gave me a visit pass, so I'm considered a visitor? Haha but well ultimately, I'm not longer a student here.

And... It feels so bizarre and weird.

I was making my way back from ICA today when suddenly my eleven years here were playing in my mind like a movie reel. The first time I came to Singapore to study, feeling hesitant to leave my mum at the airport, entering NYU language centre, then Pei Tong Primary, moving on to Tanglin Secondary and last but not least ending my journey at Singapore Polytechnic.

All the days seem to move like a reel inside my head. And I felt really bizarre and shocked by how much quickly time has passed by. It feels like they have flow so quickly, eleven years passed by so so fast. It feels rather funny how back then, I wondered to myself how much time would fly in the next coming years. Here I am sitting at the end looking back on this journey.

I have to say that the past 11 years here have been a wonderful and life-changing moment for me. I am pretty sure that I wouldn't be who I am now. The past eleven years have definitely shaped me to become who I am today. And I am definitely proud of who I am now, the accomplishment I made for myself in the past 11 years, both academic and out of school wise. All these wouldn't happen if I wasn't here all these years. So yup.

And well I have learned a lot of things the past eleven years. Not only from school but more, way way more. In fact to be honest I am really proud of how far I have come. As much as life is filled with its unexpectedness, I'm glad that the 11 years are filled with "happy" unexpectedness. How?

I never expected myself to run races, to climb a mountain, to travel to quite a lot of places, to live alone, cook for myself, go to doctor alone, get an x-ray/MRI alone and so on and so forth. Being a student here not only taught me about the academic lessons I learned in school but also to be an independent individual. Which I'm sure I can bring forward to the future.

So I must say thank you to everyone and everything here. The things that happened, which I am definitely sure happened for a reason. I have become a better and stronger person after my life here. And I will definitely make this into good use in the future.

Today was such a tough day on the heart.

No comments: