Wednesday 17 April 2013

Thailand Graduation Trip - Part 1 Bangkok (Day 3 and 4)

Right, continuing on!

For the third day, which was a Sunday (7/4) we decided to go for the boat tour down the Chao Praya river. We bought a one day pass which entitled us to stop anywhere we want, but we just decided to stop at a few stops and not everything since we didn't have the whole day. So the places we went were: Wang Lang Pier, Chinatown (Yaowarat), Wat Arun, and then we took the boat back to take the BTS back to Siam (pronounce Sa-yam, not Siam!),

Alright so our first stop was Wang Lang Pier,where there was the Wang Lang market, a temple where we feed the birds and fishes, and a school haha. It's just like alleys and it was quite interesting to walk around there. I can tell it's not a touristy place cause in the market, almost everything is in Thai haha. Bought some street food there too!

There are lots of food stalls, clothes stalls and so on. But we were full from breakfast so we didn't get to try the full meal. Though I would really love to sit in one of their eateries there to eat! But yes I was full from breakfast and the street snacks we had haha.

I truly enjoyed walking around Wang Lang though, it's pretty cool and an eye-opener. But once again, Wang Lang reminds me of my hometown heh. Just that everyone speaks Thai.



In Wang Lang we also found a spot where we could buy some breads and feed the birds and fishes. I think it's just for the fishes but the birds (thanks to evolution) join the party and went for the feeding frenzy too haha. It was my first time like feeding SO many birds, it's really a lot haha. Rather frenzy but a fun experience I must say. Doing good deeds.

After that we walked back to the pier again to catch the next boat to our next destination which was Chinatown or also known as Yaowarat. We headed there to hunt for stuff to bring back, and also to hunt for yummy food! Cause they're famous for the food hehe.







Yaowarat speaks Chinatown to me haha. Almost all the signs have Chinese writings on it. And even the shopholders can speak both Thai and Chinese. We just walked around to get some food. Their street food is quite good! We found food like Chwee Kueh (though I mist say I prefer Singapore one haha) and also a bottle of freshly squeeze promergrenate juice is all I need after walking on such a hot day! And also, we had a bowl of Bird's nest dessert which is nice as well.

And not to forget we brought back the famous pork floss spring-roll :)




After walking back we headed for our next destination which is Wat Arun - Temple of the Dawn. It's a pretty nice temple, grand and majestic, tall and beautifully sculptured! Can't believe it's constructed in the 1800s. Without much technology yet the temple looks awesome. Artisan in its best form. And the climb up was really challenging, but the climbing down was EVEN more challenging haha. Well cause it's super steep!

But it's fun :)










And here are more pictures during the boat tour. Don't worry I took more than this heh. After Wat Arun we took the boat back to the Central Pier to go back to Saphan Taksin station to go back to Siam as we were heading for Platinum mall!

Us at the boat, thanks to a nice boat-lady who helped us take this!

 Wat Arun in the distance

I didn't take a lot of photos at Platinum. Actually I did just that it was taken with my Lomo and the films are still being processed now so sorry no photos! Besides it's only shopping haha. But it's a great way to end my last night in Bangkok by having an awesome foot reflexology, shoulder, back and head massage with Weilun! It's so relaxing and aaahhhhh hahaha.

The last day was spent on last minute shopping too. Same, I didn't take much pictures but I have to share with your this "nice food"! Too bad you can't eat it.


THIS PORK DISH IS SO GOOD OMG hahahaha. It's like slices of roasted pork, dumplings and vegetables. The pork was so crispy and salty and just perfect! The soup was okay, but the pork elevated the dish to seventh heaven! Really good. Oh gawd I think I can eat this everyday, just that I wish it won't bring me cardiovascular problems.

Alright, just gonna end off this post with some photos of Bangkok Traffic, the infamous one haha. And one last photo of Suvarnhabumi before we boarded the plane to Phuket. Thanks for reading! :D

 The infamous Bangkok Traffic
I realised why the motorcycles are in such formation
Hint: Look at the shadow

 Waiting

 5 of us on our way to the airport!

 While waiting for our flight to Phuket

Thailand Graduation Trip - Part 1 Bangkok Done!

No comments: