Friday 19 April 2013

Thailand Graduation Trip - Part 2 Phuket (Day 4 and 5)

Alright continuing again! This time round for Phuket :D Alright so anyway since I left Bangkok for Phuket on the 4th day... Which means my whole trip lasted for 7 days. So technically we have 3.5 days for each place. Okay you get what I mean, day 4 and 5!

Anyway so yup we took a flight from Bangkok, it was a Bangkok Airways flight to Phuket and it's just like a one hour plus ride there? I like the plane! I thought I'm gonna starve cause we won't have food but we got some decent food of salad and a bun. Standard airplane food but well I know I'm a weirdo but I love airplane food yum!

So we reached Phuket at about 6:15 PM, though we left the airport officially at about 6.50. We booked a van from Singapore which fetched us from the airport to our hotel. The ride to the hotel was nice, though it's quite far (as I found out then) it was enjoyable.


And I just discovered that Phuket is such a hilly region! I thought it's just like beaches. Even to go to Patong we have to climb this winding hills that's kinda scary but thrilling to ride on haha.

 Us at the hotel room (my room)

We reached the hotel at 7.30 and we decided to just head for dinner and walk around Patong area (along Ratuhin street). We were also looking for tour packages for our 3rd day in Phuket. We decided to call it a night early as we had to wake up early the next day for island hopping! We gotta wake up at like 6.30! Haha so not much for the night. After chatting for a while in the girls' room we head to bed!









We woke up early the next morning, had breakfast at the hotel, and then we got picked up by the van. We were brought to the port where the speedboats are, I forgot the name of the pier! But the boat company we went with was Sea Angel. After being briefed for a while about our tour, we hopped on to our speedboat, led by our guide Mr Sunny. He's such an awesome and funny guy! Haha and our first destination was Maya Bay! :)


It was the first time in my life that I saw, with my own eyes, and even put my feet into clear blue waters! Well I went to a beach once like very far from my hometown, the water was clear, but not this clear! Haha. It was so beautiful! We were only given 30 minutes at Maya Bay. Though we were allowed to swim but I decided not to cause it's quite crowded. And I was carrying my DSLR as well. And oh yes my DSLR got a taste of seawater! Haha. Didn't see a wave coming and splash. But it's fine :)

I was really really happy to see these clear blue waters. Just amazing to be somewhere, a place you've always dreamed of being at. Right in front of your eyes! Lovely :)







After Maya Bay we went back to the boat and we headed for our next destination which was Phileh Cove. Cause of the high tide we couldn't walk on the beach etc so we were just there for sight seeing. Similar to that we went to Monkey bay. Well we're supposed to be able to walk down and feed the monkeys but due to high tide we couldn't as well. So sightseeing again it was! :) We passed by the Viking cave. Well not really vikings, but the cave is used for harvesting of birds' nest. Interesting to see this huge cave with some like ladders and stuff there. For more photos please refer to below! Hehe. Argh, I LOVE the blue waters!

 Phileh cove - some people were snorkeling here

  Monkey Bay!

 Pristine water ayayayayayayay

Viking cave

After that we headed for our first snorkel trip which was somewhere near Phi Phi island. I forgot the name of the place. It was my first time snorkeling and it was so fun! Err it was rather difficult to adjust in the beginning, especially breathing through your mouth and sometimes blowing the tube so hard to get ride of the water. And the occasional water leak inside the goggles. Sometimes I will just dive inside the water to see! Hahaha.

 This is where we snorkel (taken after snorkeling of course)
LOOK AT THE CORALS BELOW

Nevertheless it was definitely a lovely experience snorkeling to see the fishes underneath the clear water! Though the sight of sea urchin freaked me out.

After our first snorkeling trip we went to Phi Phi Don - The bigger Phi Phi island to have lunch. Thankfully it was included in the package cause I was quite hungry haha. It's a nice simple buffet lunch. And I drank a bit of seawater so I was very thirsty haha. The sight of water relieved me. After lunch we walked around the beach and take some photo! :)


 Us at Phi Phi Don

Moving on to our next destination, we headed for Khai Island. It's a tiny (I think) island that is so chill! I like! We were one of the first boats to reach the island so the seats were empty. We chose the best seats! Haha. In Khai Island we had like 1.5 hours to roam about. The water is once again very very pristine. We spent lots of time snorkeling near the beach and giving a feeding frenzy to the fishes! They're really cute, though sometimes they think my finger is bread too.

And I went to snorkel further and was SO SHOCKED to see this bunch of sea urchins in one area. I freaked out and swam back haha. But at the same time I was feeling amazed by the sight haha. More underwater photos with Melissa and Weilun. Will post em here once they uploaded it to Facebook haha. It's a fun experience! :)




And before we leave here's more photos of us and also our guide, Mr Sunny! :)

 Khai Island

Us and Mr Sunny!

Khai island was the last destination of our package so we headed back to Phuket after that. And after being transferred back to our hotel, we cleaned up (Weilun and I went swimming at the hotel) and then headed for dinner. We wanted to have dinner at the famous Number 6 restaurant but well we were unlucky cause they're closed from like the 6th - 24th April (if I remember correctly).



Oh well! So we had dinner at the restaurant beside called Dang restaurant. Good food with my favourite (extra) spicy mango salad haha.

We walked around Ratuthin street again to look for water rafting and ATV package and we got a good deal from this nice lady whom we've been bugging about haha. She's such a nice and friendly lady though! :) And then we went for food hunting and we bought our usual Oishii green tea and also banana nutella pancake haha. And that's all for the day.



We returned back to our hotel to sleep as we need to wake up early tomorrow morning.

Alright that's all for day 4 and 5. I miss the blue waters so much :(

No comments: