Sunday 23 February 2014

Empire of The Sun Live in Singapore 2014!

 Thank you Empire of The Sun for the concert at Fort Canning!

Hello again, gosh I wanted to blog last night but I didn't cause I fell asleep. It was indeed a tiring Saturday for me, and probably one of the craziest things I've done in life (as usual). Yup actually... I went to Singapore on Friday morning and returned on Saturday afternoon just to catch Empire of The Sun (EOTS) live in Fort Canning! Which is a part of a new event in Singapore called The Gathering (if I'm correct). But seriously speaking, no regrets!

So yes I left my hometown at 3 AM to catch an 8:30 flight to Singapore which was sadly delayed. I only flew at 9:45 heh. Went around town to get some CDs, and I actually got lost while trying to find the hostel I was staying in hahaha. Went to Fort Canning at around 6 and yup, caught the concert and it is indeed one of the best times of my life! Never did I actually expect to catch EOTS live, and I did! So one item in my bucket list ticked off!

The opening act was by a local band called Monstercat, I think they're awesome especially the singer who can sing in a high pitch in one song and low pitch in the next. I'm sorry but I really thought he was a lady until he sings the next song. But I gotta say he got a talent! I hope they can make it big one day because I can feel the passion in each member. Really nice :)

 Monstercat in action!

EOTS kicked off the concert with Lux, then DNA. It was just pure 2 hours of euphoria and adrenaline. I was dancing with the crowd and shouting and cheering. Just so good! Totally got goosebumps here and there. My favourite song from them is We Are The People, because the song has so much memories for me. When the song played I was just listening to it with such joy and bliss. Just so good. Thank you EOTS for that awesome song!

 "We are the people that rule the world"

And for encore they played Alive which is very appropriate because I truly loved every minute of the concert because it made me feel ALIVE haha. Despite of catching less than 2 hours of sleep the night before, I was feeling as energised and kicking as emperor Steele and Lord Littlemore haha. It was just so damn nice. I'm so glad I went for the concert although initially I was kind of half-hearted to go for it, cause of the distance and time. But worth it really.

Emperor Steele and Lord Littlemore

After the concert I went to meet Neal, Adeline, Jeslyn and Weiqi cause our dear Neal just ORD-ed on that day, and since it was pass midnight it's his birthday! Had a great Indian food at... I forgot the name, but it was opposite Beauty World at Bukit Timah heh. I finished a huge portion of Roti John cause I was too hungry. It was a great meet-up. Cause I don't know when else we can do this. So sad whenever I think about this! :l

The next day I went straight to Changi cause I had a flight to catch back home. And yup, that's the end of my small adventure to catch EOTS live.

If I have the time, and money, I would catch all of the concerts of my favourite artists. But of course no so yes. But EOTS is definitely in the list of bands I want to catch before I die. And so I'm really glad that I did. I was watching their concerts on Youtube and seen how magical and adrenaline-kicking it is. So I really want to catch them live and I'm so so glad that I did. I hope I can catch them again one day. And other bands that I want to see live.

Anyway a few people asked me why I go to concerts alone, and the only answer I can think of is: Why not? Well maybe there are other reasons. Like sometimes I don't want people to know what I do during concerts. I can simply lose myself and dance away with the music because I really want to enjoy it. And I think people will find me weird once they know my "true" colours HAHAHA. But anyway seriously, why not though. It's a great experience I think.

And like what my friend Brenda said, it's the best way to enjoy the music, for the music :)

Alright that's all for now. Still currently having post-concert withdrawal syndrome and urgh I kinda hate it. But like good old Dr Seuss says, don't be sad that it's over, be happy that it happened! Have a great week everyone :)

No comments: