Friday 7 February 2014

Road less travelled

 Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail

Today one of my good friends from poly, Candy, is leaving for Australia for her university! I'm sad that I can't send her to the airport but hey thanks to technology I'm able to "send" her off via Instagram haha. Well I wish you all the best there and please take good care of yourself! But trust me, it'll definitely be an experience you won't forget in life.

-Coming from someone who had spent 11 years studying abroad.

Anyway so I made Candy a photo montage of our days in poly cause we spent a lot of events together in poly. We even got interviewed for DPA together. Didn't expect to spend a lot of events together with her throughout the three years, from same groups in camp, same class, same OCIP and LEAP trips and so on. Poly would be so different if I were to not know her! So yep, thank you for the friendship and hopefully one day we can have tea again, this time in Brisbane :P

So I was just looking for photos in Facebook for the events that we joined together. And at the same time I feel really overwhelmed by my years in poly. Well although I always feel such way, because I truly feel that poly was the best three years that happened consecutively in my life heh. So many things happened and I took part in a lot of activities I didn't expect myself, ever, to take part. So it was really good. Although it was still considered the "road less traveled" back then, no regrets, ever!

Looking back on the times that I spent in polytechnic is really an amazing look-back. The decision I made, thinking again now, wouldn't be the best but it is definitely something I am not regretful of taking. I was watching the TEDx talks by Robin Esrock and he said "Where you are is where you're supposed to be". And I supposed it did go for "Where you were was where you're supposed to be"? Hehe. So yeah somewhere along the line yeah. If you get what I mean.

I didn't know how life is going to turn out. We all didn't. But halfway across poly I learned the Buddhism teaching of living in the moment so basically I went all out in poly. I just gave my best because going to poly is a decision I've been wanting to do. I really want to be in Biomedical Science because I am really intrigued by the human body. I stick by my decision and well I graduated with a GPA I'm proud of, although knowing now, that I am doing something so un-biomedical.

Like what Ralph Waldo Emerson said,

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

I suppose I take the word "trail" with a lot of meanings. It may be memories, lessons, and more. But basically, the most important thing is that you leave something you create by yourself. Something you walk on, something you can look back and tell yourself "wow what a journey it has been!". And no matter what people say about your path... Well they can't feel what you feel so yeah, their opinion doesn't matter I suppose. You go enjoy it!

Ah well, I wonder how life is going to proceed through. What kind of trail will I leave next? :)

No comments: