Sunday 9 November 2014

Distant dream

It's been a week since RRREC Fest In The Valley and I am still recuperating from the post-concert syndrome, which includes listening to songs of the band, watching performance videos of the band on Youtube etc. Which in my case, is White Shoes and The Couples Company. To me they are really an inspiring and talented Indonesian band. While not many Indonesians know them, they have toured around parts of Europe and the USA. How cool is that!

Watching them perform really inspire me, and I can tell from their performance of how much they love music and performing. Which reminds me of a childhood dream of mine - to become a musician. Or back then, a piano player. Now, I want to be in a band touring around the world!

Along my life, my dreams change and evolve. But one dream of mine never change much. Since young I've always wanted to be a musician. When I first heard Richard Clayderman music, I was so inspired by his music and playing that I really want to be a pianist. But as I grow up, I found out there's more to music than just the piano. So I don't want to restrict myself to the piano, but I just want to be a musician - anything that involves playing and performing with music.

As I grow older I discovered many bands. Many great bands. And I've always wanted to be in a band. Seeing my favourite bands live felt really awesome. Seeing these great individuals doing what they love doing, making music, and making the audience happy and inspired too. They get to travel around the world and see its great sights. They get to meet people, they favourite bands/musicians too. I seriously think it's such a great and ultimate life. Doing what you love doing everyday.

Of course life doesn't always go according to plan, or more like... It never goes according to plan. I'm not in a band now, I don't have a music career and so on. But I do know one thing, that I still make music and I enjoy doing it. I still play the piano, strum my ukulele and sing while I shower. I think of music everyday, sometimes I compose songs when I'm free and so on. You see the thing is - I never stop doing what I love doing. And I think that's most important.

Perhaps being a musician is just a distant dream of mine. But I just keep on doing what I love doing because well, why wouldn't I do things I love doing? And who knows one day, life will work in its mysteriously beautiful way, and this distant dream won't be so distant after all.

No comments: