Monday 24 November 2014

Saturday in Singapore

I stayed in Singapore till Saturday night. I think it was a pretty dumb idea back in February, when I was watching EOTS, where I actually went back on Saturday morning! So yup I decided to catch a night flight instead. Anyway I was pretty tired from the concert so I slept all the way till 9:30. I almost overslept, and was almost late because I kinda forget that I was staying in a hostel - which means bathroom is shared. I rushed to the bathroom but thankfully it was empty.

I was packing and re-organising my bag when one of my dorm mates talked to me. Turned out they're all Indonesians so we chatted a while. I went down to the lobby to check-out and headed out at 10:40 AM I think. Went to Tiong Bahru to meet with Ade, Jeslyn, Weiqi, Meng Fung and Jesher. MF was late so we waited for her. It's so good to see all of them again! And glad to know everyone is doing well. And so glad to have MF back cause she couldn't make it for our past meetings.

 More to this of course, but cravings satisfied!

We had a super filling but awesome Singapore brunch at Tiong Bahru market. 6 people sharing 8 dishes! It was really stuffing but at the same time I'm so happy to have "caught up" with the food I missed a lot, especially my favourite Chicken rice! And of course it was also a great time to catch up with the rest. We then make our way to Plain Vanilla nearby to get some of their cupcakes. Oh my goodness, their salted caramel cupcake is to die for. So so good. Definitely best cupcake I've ever eaten! Then we went to Books Actually beside to look around. After that we all say goodbye to each other. Thanks for the brunch guys! It's awesome to see all of you again :)

 Mind my big head, thanks for the brunch people!
Credits to Jeslyn's Note 4 awesome feature of wide-selfie!

Anyway after brunch I went to Tiong Bahru Plaza to meet with Jerrica! It's been so long since we met so it feels good to reunite with her again :) Anyway we decided to catch Mockingjay first there. It was a great movie, but I don't think it's the best Hunger Games movie heh. How can they end the first part at that scene! It's too short in my opinion (although it's about 2 hours long). I think lots of parts are going to be cut in the 2nd movie... Well I hope not, but well we shall see.

After the movie we decided to go for a late lunch at Bugis. After 11 years of studying in Singapore, and wishing to go to Arab street and Haji lane, I finally went there with Jerri! Hahaha. Sadly the cafes that we wanted to go to have stopped serving lunch (cause it was like 4:30 PM) but we went to I Am Cafe in the end at Haji Lane. Awesome place with great food! I enjoyed my pasta and Jerri loves her buttered prawns. We then went for a walk at Haji Lane. Oh gosh finally I'm here! Haha.

 Haji Lane finally!

We then walked around Bugis Junction and ended our trip at Kinokuniya. Wanted to look for some book but didn't manage to find it, or they're out of stock so yeah. Without realising it's 7 PM (which is the time I'm supposed to be at the airport), but I already checked in online so it's all good. I feel pretty relaxed actually haha. So we parted ways in Bugis while Jerri went to town. Thanks for the day Jerri! Great to meet you again after such a long time! :)

Thanks for the day Jerri!

Sometimes I love the fact that Singapore is a small country. Can't you see how awesome it is that I can do all these within a day, and then I can just go straight to the airport? Here in Jakarta well sure you can do that but you need at least 1-2 hours to go to the airport since traffic is unpredictable. It only took 30 minutes for me, no jams (and thankfully no train disruptions :P) from Bugis to Changi. Ah well, I miss Singapore convenience at times. So it's good to experience it again.

I then went for the document-check counter, went inside the terminal and yup, headed back home!

It's been a great weekend I suppose. Meeting people I haven't met in a long time. Although to be honest... It feels pretty weird, this time round, when I returned back to Singapore. I don't know why and I can't explain it either. This city is no stranger to me. And I don't feel like a stranger being in this city. The sights, the sounds, the taste and the people are all pretty familiar to me. Something felt different and I don't know what, and why. Maybe it's the fact that it's been almost 6 months since I went to this sunny island. Or maybe, it's just my feelings that made all of these feel off.

Nevertheless I'm looking forward to returning again! And I can't wait to see all of my poly friends again, some who are studying overseas. Like I once said, the life of a foreign student is a bittersweet one.

Before, during, and after his stay in the country.

No comments: