Saturday 29 November 2014

Great Music of November

It's the time of the month again! Didn't really discover lots of music in this month, but there are some music which I really enjoy listening to, or have been waiting for a long time to be released hah.

Alright here goes!

Great music of November:
- Get Away by Chvrches
- Dead Air by Chvrches
- Where You Go I Will Follow by The British Expeditionary Force
- For by Nils Frahm
- No Good In Goodbye by The Script

Get Away is a song by Chvrches which is part of BBC Radio One project called "Radio 1 Rescores: Drive". It premiered on end of October I think, but the song was released in November. The first time I heard the song, I fell in love with it right away! I just love everything about the song; the melody, the beat and the lyrics. I think it suits the movie too. Dead Air is a song from the Mockingjay Soundtrack. I was so happy when they played it in Singapore during their concert!

Where You Go I Will Follow by The British Expeditionary Force and "For" by Nils Frahm are from a free online compilation album from Erased Tapes Record called "Erased Tapes Collection IV". I was listening to Olafur Arnalds' album again when I discovered that slip of paper which comes with a code for the download so yeah, silly me for not realising it comes with the code! Anyway I love the first song for its catchy beat. Somehow the song reminds me a bit like Sin Fang heh. As for the second song, it's a pretty cool song and it somehow reminds me of my days in Iceland. I don't know why.

I just got the time to properly listen to the new Script Album.Well I mean I gave it a listen in the car when I got it but not a proper one hah. Anyway I really love the whole album, especially the song "No Good In Goodbye". I used to think that "Superheroes" is the best song of the album but after discovering No Good in Goodbye... I think this is the best song of the album. The Script is just so great with their lyrics and the lyric of the song just touched my heart in many different ways.

Alright these are the great songs I discovered in this month. Can't believe I've been doing this for this like almost 11 times (since I started this new "habit" in March heh). Well so far 2014 have been a great year of discovering music. And I'm pretty sure 2015 will be a great one too! It's always fun and a great pleasure to discover new music. Some music from my favourite artists and others, from new artists I discovered. Music is something I can't live without, so yep, this journey of discovery will never end for me. Till the day I die hopefully! Life's goal: to have a library of music CDs when I'm old :P

Which brings me to my next point...

I went to HMV when I was in Singapore to look for some new albums, and some old ones. And guess what, they don't have it! When I asked the store assistant he just told me "Oh we don't stock (insert artist name here) here". Okay I know sometimes I listen to bands that are kinda unknown but the bands I was asking for are not really unknown (e.g: First Aid Kit). I think my biggest fear is coming true: that they will no longer stock CD albums in the future. Well okay maybe not in Europe/America/Australia. But HMV is like the only (kinda) complete place where I can find albums. Don't tell me I'll have to travel to Australia to find CDs heh. Or maybe I was just unlucky that they're out of stock.

One of my wishes is to actually open up a music store in my hometown. I want to revive the CD era where people buy CDs of their favourite musicians. I think I'm the only person in my family who still collects CDs. Oh well, I will still collect CDs no matter what. Until one day (which I hope will never arrive) when all musicians decided to turn all of their works to be available only digitally. But I think that will happen in a very very very long time later.

Or I hope it will never happen, ever.

No comments: