Sunday 2 November 2014

RRREC Fest In The Valley

 My favourite shot from today!
Nona Sari bernari dan bernyanyi bersama penonton :)

Today was a lovely lovely Sunday because I went to RRREC Fest In The Valley at Tanakita camping ground right here in my hometown! I wanted to catch one of my favourite Indonesian bands, White Shoes and The Couples Company! Although the event itself starts on Friday and last for 3D2N, I only bought the last day pass since I can't make it for the whole entire event.

 The concert venue. Isn't it awesome!

Anyway I arrived at the campsite at 1.30 PM, I am pretty surprised that I actually could just come in without any registration and stuff (I paid for the ticket already! Just couldn't find the registration booth). When I came it was lunchtime and everyone was gathering at the lunch place and talking/eating together. Since I came alone and know no one, I was just sitting down at one corner of the place and stare at the blankness hah. Until Seroja played on stage one and I went down to catch them.

 Seroja on Stage 1

So there are 2 stages which is literally at a valley! I love the view and the atmosphere man, listening to great music, watching great musicians perform while being surrounded by nature and great views is definitely an awesome package. The stages are located below the camp ground. I've never heard of Seroja before but I really find them pretty unique. And I like how they interact with the audience by asking some of us if we want to perform with them for their last song.

 Voyagers of Icarie

After Seroja was Voyagers of Icarie, which is an Indie band from Jakarta and they're definitely a great band I discovered today. I love their songs and man I wish I could just lie down on the grass while listening to their performance but I just remembered that I wore a white shirt and also it was kind of drizzling so.. Nope. Nevertheless, like I mentioned above, the view surrounding the stage definitely adds to the atmosphere of the performance. Sadly it was drizzling towards the end.

 Liyana Fizi serenading us with her beautiful voice

Today I also discovered a lovely singer from Malaysia, Liyana Fizi! Love her voice, and her songs of course. She's very friendly too and I like how she explains what each song is about. It was cloudy and the temperature was decreasing a bit, perfect condition for a soothing performance by her. There's a song I really love, I forgot the title arrghhh. I'll look her up in iTunes.

 White Shoes And The Couples Company!

And last but not least, the band I was waiting for years to see live was finally performing! Yup it's White Shoes and The Couple Company (shortened as WSATCC). They were performing at stage one and opened their set with my one of my favourites from them "Matahari". I think the highlight of today was singing and dancing to "Masa Remadja" which was their encore in the end. Everyone was just having fun too! The energy was irresistible. So happy to have caught them live! :)

 This was during one of my favourite songs, "Vakansi"

I wish I could stay longer but I gotta rush off as I was having a delivery so yep, that is all for today. Although while drying myself up, I went back up the the lunch space and there was a DJ set (I'm not sure of the DJ name) who was playing Japanese jazz songs. It was raining and I definitely enjoy listening to those songs as I waited for my clothes to dry off a bit, and for the rain to stop.

All in all, I am really loving the concept of RRREC Fest. If they come back next year, I hope I can make it to sleep on the campground as I think it will be an exciting and lovely experience. I love the atmosphere of the place and of the event as a whole. This whole idea of having a music festival at a valley really cliques with my heart hah. I hope something like this can happen at Tanakita again :)

After the whole event, I don't know why buy I feel really inspired watching all of these bands perform. They made me realise how much talent we Indonesians have! I wish I can write and compose songs, beautiful songs, as conveniently as them. I really have a lot of great hopes and aspirations for the music scene here. And I know all of these great bands will go far into the future.

Also, watching these performances make me really miss performing. I miss that feeling of making music together with people who share the same passion and interest as you, and then performing it in front of an audience. Enjoying music is a gift, making music is a privilege. I miss those days jamming with Vithya and Kai, and also those band days making music together in the band room, and performing in concerts at SPCC or Esplenade! I just miss making music together.

Maybe I need to find people here that wanna make music with me together. But I am very shy, and time is an enemy I can't fathom. But I will never stop making music!

Alright that's all for now. What a great start to November. And a great month it will be :)

No comments: