Thursday 30 October 2014

Musik

October has been a great month of music I suppose. I discovered lots of new music, and I also went to a lot of music events. Okay not a lot, but considering my life here, going to 2 concerts in this month is considered a lot hah. When was my last concert? EOTS in February. I went to Soundsfair last Sunday and this Sunday, I'll be going to RRREC Fest in the Valley, right here in my hometown! I am finally going to catch one of my favourite Indonesian bands, White Shoes and The Couples Company!

I was over the moon when I discovered that they're going to my hometown. They'll be performing in an event called RRREC Fest. The festival itself is held for 3D2N and yes you get to stay in a beautiful campsite at the mountain too. But I can't make it for the whole of 3 days so I'll just be going on Sunday to catch them live, and to also see the other acts performing on that day. And not forgetting the talks we get to participate in too. Can't wait for Sunday really.

It's pretty awesome how I wrote on my diary to make watching WSATCC live a resolution for this year and hey, I'm going to make it happen this Sunday! I am very stoked about this.

Alright, talking about music, here are the great music I discovered in October!

Great Music of October:
- Touch by Shura
- Indecision by Shura
- Just Once by Shura
- Encounter by DJ Okawari
- Change the World by DJ Okawari
- You & Me by Oxford
- Wake Up by Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra ft Asian Kung-Fu Generation

So yup I discovered a lot of new artists this month. Partially thanks to a few new Youtube Channels I just subscribed to: Mr SuicideSheep, Sensei Radio, Phvntom and Morrindie. I discovered Shura through Sensei Radio and I fell in love with "Touch". I love the song so much that I kept on listening to it in Soundcloud on my iPod. Then I discovered her other songs and well, I really think she's talented and she'll have a great future ahead! Can't wait for her to release an EP/LP though. She just released Indecision as a single a few days ago and I downloaded it!

I found DJ Okawari in Youtube as well and I love his two songs above! Okay I'm not that into hip-hop music but his songs are okay. The kind of song I'll listen to in long rides.

"You And Me" is a nice electronic song by Oxford and well as a fan of electronic, I just fell in love with its grooves and beat when I hear it for the first time. His other works are great as well! I seriously love the fact that I get to discover a lot of great new music through the above Youtube Channels. I think it's a great way to look for new music everyday!

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra played at Soundsfair too. I discovered this song at the Soundsfair advertisement on their website. Well not a fan of ska music either but this song is special. It makes me really happy and feels like I just wanna dance around when I listen to that song! :P

Yup alright I guess that's all for this great month for music! We're left with 2 more months before the year comes to a close. And I am pretty sure that I will discover more great music in the next two months :) Alright signing off now, hope October has been a great month for you too.

No comments: