Friday 7 November 2014

Reborn

Today I came across with a thought.

"What if you were to be reborn. Would you want to be reborn into a new life? Or would you want to be reborn to a similar life, but is able to make changes to it?"

There are days where I wish I can restart my life. I want to be reborn again, start anew, and I wish I can make a few changes to the present. There are days where I wish I can live another life. A new life, a new person, a new place and a new story. And also there are days where I tell myself to treasure what I have now, and hold on because bright days are coming.

So today I came across with that thought. If there are two buttons in front of me right now. If I press the button on the left, my life will restart from the beginning, and I get to make changes as I go through the same life I've lived thus far. If I press the button on the right, my life would end but I will be reborn into a brand new life. Without memories or connection with my current one.

I suppose restarting my life would be awesome. I can make changes to my current life. Do things I wish I could have done. Do things I regretted not doing. Very exciting. It feels like a better life is promised. A life I wished to live. Restarting into a totally new life sounds interesting to. Although you won't know where you will end up in, the thought of living a "new life" is exciting too right?

Well but then again, what if you have reached the current stage of your life, after restarting it? So you've done all the great things, the things you wish you would do and stuff. And then you ask yourself the same question: what's next? And no, you can't just keep on restarting your life. It's not fair hah. And also, if you were to choose the second option, what if you were to be reborn into a life you hate? Say you're reborn into a life that is much worst that your current one.

I feel that our existence here in this world, in this life, is a mysterious gift that no one can explain. Often I ask myself, why do I exist in this world. And like Mark Twain said, there are two important days in your life: the day you're born and the day you find out why. I'm still 22 so I am pretty sure it's way too early for me to discover why am I born into this world. And till I found the answer to that question, I shouldn't even think of being reborn into another life, before ending mine!

I've always told myself to believe that I am born into this world to do something great. Everyone is. When you believe this, it will give you a sense of hope and greatness in life, and a drive to keep on doing what you love doing. As much as I believe that life is a blank canvas we are painting on, I too believe that we are doing to paint something great in this big piece of canvas. And well, no one knows what we are going to paint. But if you believe you're going to paint something great, you will.

So back to the question. Well if let's say I am forced to choose those two buttons... Well I will choose the first option. I am given this life. And if I were to be given a chance to make better changes to it, then I will. And I will finish this story of mine, instead of jumping on to write another. We make regrets in life, and it's normal. Regrets are there for a reason in this life. Without regrets, we wouldn't learn the art of trying again. Without regrets, life wouldn't be so colourful. Seriously.

I don't have such choices now. So I will just continue to live my life to the fullest, to enjoy writing this story and to carry on doing my best in everything. And I hope I won't need to make such choices, ever, in this life. Let me just finish this story, reap what I sow, harvest what I reaped.

No comments: